Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Tough Truck
By Major Disaster

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Researched full sized trucks and chose Titan in 2004, after driving the others. Never regretted it, now has 80,000 miles on it without a complaint. Factory replaced original rotors after first ones warped early on, and no further problems and couple minor recall items fixed. Strong truck with torque-monster motor, have pulled big trailers, loaded it up even beyond it's capacity and no complaints from it. Huge interior, now wife drives it regularly, with two big dogs in pack seat. Sad to hear that Nissan will discontinue it soon, would replace it with another one if they are still around, but it's indestructible for now.

Favorite Features

tons of power, comfortable interior, capable big truck, dependable work partner.

Suggested Improvements

can't think of any. Nissan has been very supportive of problems.

Nissan Titan Best Built Truck in America
By John Lechuga

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Despite the seatbelt recall, everything else on the Truck is superb. Original brakes lasted over 80K. Will surpass 100 miles by Dec 2009. Now that it is broken in, I can't wait for the next 200,000 miles. This truck is my quad. The vehicle is in excellent condition. Love my truck.

Favorite Features

Handling - Passing ability

Suggested Improvements

Turbo capability

Unsure of issue
By Carlos Baro

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 King Cab and I love this truck. I just don't like the noise coming from somewhere whenever I'm making a turn as I come out of our driveway or the parking lot. It seems like it's a steering or brake issue, I'm not sure. (Only noticeable when the engine is still running for under 2 minutes or so.) I've read about people often changing their brake rotors and pads. I remember having a brake judder when she was still about 5k miles. But I took it to the dealer and they corrected the problem. I'm not sure if they replace the rotors and pads though. I plan on keeping her and will replace the pads and rotors to aftermarket ones if I have to.

best buy ever
By LHopper

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Never owned a pick up prior to this truck, I have put 140,000 miles on this truck, with no issues, , except original brake problem that Nissan addressed and fixed. Low low maintenance, still have original battery in Arizona after 4 years I hope they come out with a 6 foot bed in the 4 door, and a diesel. Best truck money can buy... Sorry Detroit maybe u guys will learn some day to use better longer lasting components

Favorite Features

used a stronger paint on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

6 foot bed and diesel

Gotta Love the Truck
By JPillow

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After Having my Titan for a while I will tell you this. If you ever get tired of it,( not likely) just go and get yourself a cold air intake. Nismo make the best one for that pickup. And it'll save you a hundred bucks or so. Easy install, and then you will rejuvenate that titan and you will remember how much fun it is to drive

Favorite Features

power and comfort is always good. but this thing can crawl too!

Suggested Improvements

bigger rotors for stopping power