Used 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Love It!
By gdgtdad

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Tons of room. I am 6'5" and have @ least 5" of leg room sitting behind driver seat W/it slid all the way back.Gas milage is averaging about 12- 13 but its a powerful truck I wasnt expecting 20MPG or better.I love the flip up rear seats.Being taller I do tend to be looking through the top tint of the windshield but its not that big a deal.I was suprised that I could not activate the interior lights by fully engaging the dimmer knob.You have to flip switches individually to make this happen. Also my dimmer switch seems extra sensitive and I find it difficult to maintain the dim setting for dash lights that I like.Had to replace center console in 1st month.

Favorite Features

Horses, 6-disk cd changer, auto down on windows when unlock on fob is held down. one touch auto up on windows. Little channels and notches that help channel oil flow when changing oil and filter.

Suggested Improvements

Allow interior lights to be activated from dimmer switch, overide of cargo light to not come on when doors are opened. Nothing major just little preferences. You can't please everybody all the time.

Awsome Power
By Casey Campfield

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Power, performance, comfort, and rugged good looks make this vehicle a real pleasure to drive. I look forward to it every day. The reliability of Nissan vehicles is second to none. This is my third Nissan over the last 23 years. You could count the number of mechanical failures I have had on them on one hand's fingers.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine is a clear standout "feature". Nissan spent time on even the smallest detail of the design. I'm usually not a big button and gizmo kind of guy, but I really like the stereo controls on the steering wheel. I keep discovering small, clever details in the design.

Suggested Improvements

The sun visor mounting arm is a bit wimpy and should be beefed up. The sun visor sags when rotated to the side and leaves a gap at the top of the window.

Impressive!
By terstruck

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Only had a few days but am already convinced that this is the best truck for the money in this class. I paid 31000 and got the Big Tow pkg as well as the floor mats, splashguards and the bed extender. Just an all around sweet ride for the money. Seems like Nissan covered most of the bases when they designed this truck. Would like to see a place to put change and I can see that the oil filter is not going to be easy to reach because it is under the skid plate. Not my problem though since my dealer included three years of oil changes. If you are looking for a truck in this class, you can't go wrong with the Titan!

Favorite Features

great looks, comfortable leather seats, wonderful audio system and the utility trac system is a nice touch. Rides like a luxury car and power to spare. and oh yes, I like the growl of the exhausts.

Suggested Improvements

Place to put parking meter change, better access to oil filter, and whats with that plastic cover over the side compartment lock. It is so cheaply made that I've seen very few that were not broken. My was broken when I took delivery. small complaints on an otherwise perfect truck!

MY OPINION
By FRANK TAKACS

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

IN MY OPINION, THIS NISSAN SE CREW CAB 4WD TRUCK OUTPREFORMS THE 99 CHEV. SILVERADO Z71 FWD THAT I USED TO OWN. THE GAS MILEAGE COULD BE BETTER (APPROX. 15-17 MPG) BUT THE SACRAFICE IS MADE UP FOR IN THE POWER DIFFERENCE.I HAVE OWNED 4WD TRUCKS FOR YEARS FORDS INCLUDED. THIS ONE IS THE BEST SO FAR.

Favorite Features

I LIKE THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT IN THE LEFT REAR FENDER. ITS GREAT FOR STORING TIE DOWNS.

Titan Review
By Cadman

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Titan for 3-months now and I keep expecting to find something I do not like about the truck. Nothing yet!! This a fun truck to drive. It has awesome power at all speeds. I have had my boat on and come up to 3/4 and 1 ton pulling trailers or boats and you can pass them with with tons of power left over. It also sounds great just running around town. Nice mellow tone.

Favorite Features

Engine power, Roomy Crew Cab, Large BF Goodrich 285 off-road tires.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are nice but could be a little softer. Builtin cellphone, Gps standard.