2004 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Titan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Truck
By chiano

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awesome better that the F150 and it has lots of power. Nissan did a awesome job. I got a SE with the tow package, DVD, and the soundsystem from Rockford Fosgate. The mirrors look great on the truck and sound from the system is great and they are a must have.

Favorite Features

Sound System and Mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Get better gas milage

Dreamed of Chevy but discovered Titan!!!
By jarmas

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

POWER, comfort, stability and more POWER! I have always said there was nothing like an American made truck and dreamed of a new Silverado, Sierra or Ram w/ Hemi until I test drove the Titan. Awesome truck! I owned a Ford F-150 but quality was poor. The standard features on a SE model alone are amazing but I added the “utility bed package” and the “big tow package.” Yeah some of you may say the “HEMI” 5.7 liter 16 valve has more horse power (345 to Titans 305) but it also has less torque (275 to Titans 379) and remember that this is the Titans STANDARD 5.6 , 32 valve engine. I purchased a Crew Cab SE 2WD Titan in January 2004 and love it.

Favorite Features

This truck can really accelerate when you need it to. Lots and lots of room in the Crew Cab especially when two car seats in the back seat won’t take up all the space. Absolutely love the steering and comfort of the ride when on bumpy roads. Utility bed is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Average in fuel economy so as with any full size truck, better gas mileage please.

I've gone to the dark side!
By MyTitan

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not a truck owner type but after test driving the Titan, I am now! You can say that the Titan has brought me to the dark side. I’ve always thought the large vehicle craze was ridicules, why own an oversized scrape of metal on 4 wheels that sucks down gas like no tomorrow. Fuel economy was no longer my concern once I felt the power of the 5.6 L engine, what a joy! Great job Nissan on your first Full- size pick up truck!

Favorite Features

The POWER and Handling of a TRUCK!

This is an awsome truck
By jtrayser

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is absolutely amazing! It is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and I've bought new vehicles every year for the past 4 years. I've been a dedicated Ford guy and this Truck far and away beats the new F-150. I also bought a "04" XTerra with the World championship package for my Wife and we are now a dedicated Nissan Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the home-link, the power, comfort, towing capacity, utilitrack bed system ........ There are so many great things about this truck that I can't think of any one favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to be able to open the windows while the lock is on. I have to keep the rear windows locked as my Kiddos like to play with them but I have to unlock them in order to role the windows down from the drivers seat.

Titan LE Crew
By Bob Hanson

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Less than 1000 miles, but like it better than F-150 that I test drove.

Favorite Features

Crew cab with the standard features (Sprayed bed liner, rail tie down system, etc) that were extra or not available on other makes.

Suggested Improvements

None.

titan
By sleightofhand

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Its only been a week but so far so good. Very good power, handling, and braking make this the most rewarding driving truck i have owned. Love the quality feel and the rumble of the exhaust. Rockford stereo is extremely punchy and has pretty accurate sound. Love the 5 speed auto, its very smooth and overdrive is amazing turning 1500rpm at 65mph. Satisfied customer so far.

Favorite Features

Fold up rear seats allow lots of room for dogs to walk in back. Orange gauge lights and stereo. Engine power and sound. Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

An interior holder for hitch receiver sleeve.

Coops Choice
By COOPS

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have waited on this truck for over a year and this truck is everything I hoped it would be. I have only driven a little over 300 miles so far, and it handles great. Acceleration is smooth and very powerful. Heads turn when this truck rolls. Not kidding. Gas mileage is hitting around town at about 15, but expect to get a little better as it gets a few more miles on it. The crew cab has lots of leg room in front and back seat with comfortable seating. The back seats actually have enough recline angle to be comforable. The only problem I forsee is keeping my wife in her Max and out of my truck. I am very satisfied.

Favorite Features

I have the tow package, sow the lower mirror where you can see curbs when parking, etc. is great. Utility bed package is nice.

BETTER THAN FORD AND CHEVY
By posh4

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE HAD A FORD F350 SUPERCREW 6.0 4X4 AND A CHEVY 2500HD DURAMAX 4X4 AND THE TITAN RIDES BETTER AND HANDLES BETTER.THE BEST IS THE FUEL ECONOMY. GO DRIVE ONE AT VICTORY NISSAN 757 436 4900 TELL THEM TIM POSH SENT YOU FOR A INVOICE DEAL

Favorite Features

THE TRUCK AS A WHOLE IS MY FAVORITE

Suggested Improvements

LONGER BED

Loving every minute of it!
By Sabre66

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Titan CC SE 4WD for 2 weeks now and haven't stopped smiling since. It's big, but drives small. So much power at foot...and a smoother ride than my Pathfinder LE. The Crew Cab is huge! With the captains chairs there's still enough room for 5, plus all your gear. Much better interior and exterior than the domestic competition.

Favorite Features

Engine (power and sound), 350 Watt RF system, Captain's chairs, Big Tow pkg, Utili-trac system

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Lovin it every day
By clarence

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've only owned it three weeks. Have 1500 miles on it. I love every minute in it. It's comfortable,quiet, has really positve handling,and enough power and pep to delight anyone unless they happen to be Big Daddy Don Garlits (sp). I average 15 mpg clutzing around town and back and forth to work. Took a 200 mile trip last weekend on state highways and got 17mpg. I'm sure on a trip on interstate at steady speeds it will easily get the advertized 19mpg or better. A really great vehicle with plenty of room for me and my five gandkids. Bob

Favorite Features

power,smooth shifting,quietness of ridetowing ability.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Nissan had realized and put out info ahead of time for add-ons,such as receiver hitch and plug number or wiring harness to add trailer brek capability.