Used 2004 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Big Truck
By bobby jackson

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When shopping for a new truck, I only looked at the Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan. Thought that the Japanese makers would have higher quality. But after only 4 months of ownership thing are already going wrong. The brakes stared to shimmy after only 2 months and the interior is already starting to fall apart. Buttons on knobs are falling off. The rubber around the door is also falling off. For a full- size pick-up truck, this thing is a little too refined and fragile on the inside. This makes me wish I had looked at the more traditional U.S. makers such as Dodge, Ford, and GMC, or went with the Toyota.

I liked the look of the vehicle and the engine. It is a mean looking truck from the front, but I just wish it was a little tougher.

I would definitly recommend improving the build quality of this truck. Make the truck tougher. Also the front end of the Titan looks great, but the look from the back, around the bed is too plain.

Fun to Own
By George G.

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Do to the short time of owning this vehicle I can not give a long term review, but I can say that it has delivered everything the company advertises. I have yet to use it Off- Road but I expect it to handle just fine for a stock vehicle. The mileage could be better, but I still think it is a winner.

The power delivered by the V-8 is great and the interior space.

Opening rear side windows. Larger fuel tank or improve mileage. 5 speed Standard transmission.

My Speed Machine
By cdmoore04

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The titan by far is superior in size, power and room when you campare it to similar trucks and sport cars. I love everthing about the vehicle but I had to get use to using roll up windows and making sure the doors are locked (XE's do not come with power windows and door locks and I did not want to get carried away with options). The best part about this vehicle is its power and some people think the vehicle is so expensive from the looks. I was able to upgrade from my 99 Sentra to this beast for $48 dollars more a month ($328 over invoice and 2% financing helps alot). But with gas so dang high I can not travel freely without thinking about that low MPG.

The engine, front cabin space, price and size. I am noticed more in this vehicle than any of my previous cars. Beats the competition in many areas. Actually got it to fit in my garage with one inch to spare (I am serious).

Add power windows and door locks as stardard equipment on XE. Due to the gas milage I cannot drive this truck as often as I would like. People still think it's a six instead of 8 (what do you expect from the big 3 lovers).

Loving it, but...
By manhattantitanowner

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Coveted Tundras forever, thought about Chevy/Dodge, then test drove the Titan. GAME OVER! Bed features and interior design for the $$ involved made this one a no-brainer. The engine's power is addictive; gas mileage no worse than anything else this size. Driver's seat extremely comfortable. Graphite/Titanium leather the way to go (What's the butterscotch color? Blech.) Love the stereo, esp. the sub. No sunroof, but I don't miss it. BUT... add-ons back-ordered, minor quirks like faulty airbag sensor, clock malfunction, broken spring on storage lock cover...all have left me with a loaner at this point. But I'm not complaining (too loudly)....

ENGINE! Leather/seat comfort & memory; stereo with spd-sensitive vol & steering wheel controls; storage out the wazoo; A/C mocks KS heat; grocery bag hooks; wide-open rear doors; bedliner, cleats/rails, bed/storage ingenuity; wheels/tires look great with off-road pkg.

So much storage, yet where's loose change supposed to go? Lthr arm rests, rear A/C vents, venting rear side windows, pwr rear sliding window, rear seat pwr outlet, fold- down rear center arm rest, a storage compartment UNDER rear seat. Crew cab has much of this...SHARE THE WEALTH!!

Titan Review
By strang

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the ride, roomy and comfortable. Step on gas and this vehicle really wants to move. Handles like a smaller SUV. Plenty of room for family. Grate towing vehicle.

Bed liner package.

A frame blocks visibility.

• SUV