Used 2004 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Lights out
By mark skipper

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have been pretty pleased with this truck. Dealer fixed brake problems early on. One thing though is that many times at night when I turn on the right hand turn signal the lights go off. This has scared the crap out of me as driving at high speeds at night and the lights go out when I turn on the right hand signal and a few times when I go from dims to bright. Anyone else experience this? Always in a panic to turn them back on.

Plenty of power and great stereo. Starts every time quickly.

Make the light signal switch stiffer where the lights don't go out when you turn the signal on or adjust the brights. Good way to cause a wreck. Any recalls on this?

Front left seal at Pumpkin leakage
By Brian Miller

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I brought my truck to the dealership after noticed a shiny area around mt front diff when I put my hand up to touch it it moved around like a joy stick. I bough it to the dealer and they popped the seal back in and filled it back up with diff fluid. They refused to cover it under warranty because I have a PRG leveling kit, I know other who have had the same problem lift kit or not and got it covered. I spent $95. Very disappointing.

rear diff lock, power cargo sorage system.

brake pad made of a cleaner material, the front brake dust still is a regular problem after nearly 5 years and I need a foaming brake dust remover every 2 weeks to remove the grime from they cheap brakes

Unsure of issue
By Carlos Baro

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 King Cab and I love this truck. I just don't like the noise coming from somewhere whenever I'm making a turn as I come out of our driveway or the parking lot. It seems like it's a steering or brake issue, I'm not sure. (Only noticeable when the engine is still running for under 2 minutes or so.) I've read about people often changing their brake rotors and pads. I remember having a brake judder when she was still about 5k miles. But I took it to the dealer and they corrected the problem. I'm not sure if they replace the rotors and pads though. I plan on keeping her and will replace the pads and rotors to aftermarket ones if I have to.

No Problems yet.
By jason

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it used at 69k and now it has 92k. No problems. It's fun, fast and solid. Black with DK Grey leather. It's a great truck, I want to sell it because i want a Vette.

interior design and it's 0-60

larger brake rotors for better braking.

Wouldn't own another Nissan
By Rohr

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has numerous recalls. I had to replace the entire rearend because Nissan couldn't replace leaking rear axle seals. They replaced it with a rearend from a newer year. $2700. Fuse box went bad. $425. Never had that happen before. Have to press gas pedal to start it now. Nissan has no idea what's wrong. Interior light problems. Electric window problems. 4x4 sensor problems. Front seats falling apart.

The day I get rid of it.

Stick to making cars, even though I wouldn't buy a nissan car either.