2-year test
By Eddy S. on
2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
After owning my Titan truck for two years, I give it a definitive A-. It's almost a perfect truck when it comes to power and creature-comforts, it could be improved in the turning-radius department - my wife's 2004 Durango (similar in size) can turn around in a substantially tighter space, also all the hoopla about the "awesome power" is somewhat exaggerated - our other 5.7 Hemi seems to move the 6,000 lb SUV more effortlessly and with less noise/strain from the engine. it is plenty adequate but nothing to jump up and down about...In a nut-shell, I would highly recommend this truck without hesitation.
Favorite Features
The best feature in the truck is it's push-button "VDC" or "vehicle dynamic control" - wow! With the feature engaged and the truck in a two-wheel mode, it is practically impossible to do a "doghnut" on ice, even with all the power at the wheels! The best winter-feature ever.
Suggested Improvements
1. Tighter turning radius 2. Tougher steel bumpers suitable for a truck, not a car 3. Better gas mileage - my wife's SUV with a 5.7 Hemi w/AWD gets almost 2 miles per gallon better mileage on a road-trip, 18 mpg vs. 16mpg