2004 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
2004 Titan
By mabatista on 02/05/12 12:32 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I use this truck to Tow almost daily (about 4-5000lb trailer). Great tow vehicle. Mileage is about 10 towing. About 12 around town. I once got about 14-15 on the interstate and was thrilled! This thing eats brakes. Fronts every 25k, rears every 40k. Trim pieces are cheap, but the engine/trans has benn reliable. I would buy it again. (I would get 4wd though)

Great Truck!
By doczachary on 04/25/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I puchased my 2004 Nissan Titan with less than 50 miles on it and I currenly have over 120K. There has been 2 recalls (brake shudder and wiring harness) and both were done quickly and efficiently. I have read where people wanted better gas mileage but you don't buy a heavy truck with a powerful 5.6L V8 engine and then complain about the mileage. I have towed 10K, loaded the bed to the point where it couldn't take anymore and everything worked as expected. I have replaced the rear axle seals and bearing with better than factory. Used only synthetic oils since 2nd change. It just keeps running. Never a hiccup or an issue. Been a great truck and I plan to keep it until it dies!

Time Tested Review
By JC on 08/03/07 04:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Satisfied owner after 3 1/2 yrs / 50k mi. 2 recalls (FT rotors & R doors). Normal driving 15/16 City – 17/18 hwy. Solid engine and drivetrain gives you a feel of confidence in this vehicle. Excellent interior room, handling, acceleration, ride comfort, and large windows that will spoil you from enjoying other vehicles of this class and price range. Paint, trim, and OE 18” alloyed wheels have proven the test of time without defect. Highly recommend potential ½ ton P/U buyers test drive before buying from the competition.

Titan
By Jeff on 01/06/07 21:39 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best truck around. I have driven in Chevies, Dodges, and Fords and they do not compare. The Tundra is less powerful, smaller, and less sporty inside and out (current model). As far as other complaints about gas mileage, I get as good or better than my friends in domestic full size trucks. Nissan put in all the features on their first try with a full size truck.

love the titan
By matrix on 07/11/06 07:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan has great power which is very noticeable when wanting to make that quick on ramp sprint. The ride is good as long as the road is smooth. I recommend getting the off road package well worth the money. The interior is great ergonomically but the materials used on the dash,center shift console, and the seats are of inferior quality. Handling seems to be superior to other trucks according to truck trend, which by the way gave the titan 2005 truck of the year. Don't let the numbers full you though, the titan will pull just as good as the hemi or the 5.4 triton. Hope this was helpful and hope that maybe you will become a titan owner.

Fun and Practical
By John on 05/27/06 03:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When local Chevy dealers would not work with me to get the Silverado with the equipment I wanted, I looked at the other vehicles available. The Titan was a vehicle I had read reviews about and knew to be very well rated but until I drove one, I did not appreciate all it had to offer. I have owned the truck for about 13 months and am completely satisfied with the ride, comfort, power and payload the vehicle has. I regularly get compliments on the color, Canteen, and the overall appearance of the truck. I have bought about 20 new vehicles over several years and this is the first that I have been totally satisfied with after the first year. I would recommend this truck to all.

100% Worth it.
By kevin on 04/09/06 22:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I wanted this truck my wifes first words were "It's ugly." but after driving it she never looked back. We were like the 2nd owners of a TITAN in the state and I have put it through it's paces. Awesome power and torque in a "You were right babe, it grows on you" style that was unique to the truck market. I have no complaints at all. It will haul almost anything and pulls almost like a diesel. When you need passing power there are plenty of horses in the corral just asking to be let out. Nowadays manufacturers lean towards a carlike ride.Want a car buy one. As soon as this ones paid for my wifes getting it and I'm Getting the 4wd crew cab.You can bet it ain't just for looks either.

best truck i ever owned
By eric on 08/15/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

ever thing about this truck is great, the power is unparralled the gas mileage is good for the size and power. unbelivable room and comfort, the best truck i ever bought, my next truck will be a titan as well

Bark is as loud as the bite!
By danzspkrman on 05/09/05 01:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck. Far cry from going from a decent car(Nissan Sentra 02). Traded it in on an 04 Titan. 2nd one off of the delivery truck (Dec03). Had it a year and a half. Very smooth,comes in handy for looking around at new developments(I am now a real estate agent) and to say the least, getting lost on the undeveloped dirt roads is fun(as long as you have plenty of gas and a tolarant client).Fosgate Stereo is a nice feature, for a stock offering that would otherwise suck. My wife can get bored, fill the bed full of yard material(dirt,mulch etc), and it doesn't even notice. The sad thing is that I am considering refinancing the thing for 6 years(lost other job) just so I can try to keep it.

Definitely a Titan
By DrZ on 03/14/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my Titan SE Kingcab RWD approximately 10K miles ago. Still happy. I could stand better gas milage since the best I have achieved is 17.5 on a trip but when you buy a 5.6l V8...you don't buy for milage. Had a Tundra and it was great for the first 50K and then turned into junk. Am pleased with the handling, ride, and the sound of the pipes. Had the passenger side window motor fail but it was replaced under warrenty. No other issues. Great truck... lots of power...and will compete against any truck it's size for towing or hauling. Very pleased.

1 2 3 4 5 next »