2004 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
2004 Titan
By mabatista on 02/05/12 12:32 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I use this truck to Tow almost daily (about 4-5000lb trailer). Great tow vehicle. Mileage is about 10 towing. About 12 around town. I once got about 14-15 on the interstate and was thrilled! This thing eats brakes. Fronts every 25k, rears every 40k. Trim pieces are cheap, but the engine/trans has benn reliable. I would buy it again. (I would get 4wd though)

Great Truck!
By doczachary on 04/25/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I puchased my 2004 Nissan Titan with less than 50 miles on it and I currenly have over 120K. There has been 2 recalls (brake shudder and wiring harness) and both were done quickly and efficiently. I have read where people wanted better gas mileage but you don't buy a heavy truck with a powerful 5.6L V8 engine and then complain about the mileage. I have towed 10K, loaded the bed to the point where it couldn't take anymore and everything worked as expected. I have replaced the rear axle seals and bearing with better than factory. Used only synthetic oils since 2nd change. It just keeps running. Never a hiccup or an issue. Been a great truck and I plan to keep it until it dies!

Faulty Evaporator
By JeffG on 08/23/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Outside of the engine and the premium sound system, I would not buy this truck again! Apparently, there's a waiting list from Nissan, including myself, for a known problem with the AC evaporator unit, which is behind the dashboard, that when it dies, they currently do not have a replacement and you'll have to wait for several months/year for one. Never buy a Nissan again!

2004 Titan
By mel62 on 05/22/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

purchased new and has been spraying gasoline out filler neck when re- fueling. Dealer has replaced evaporative canister 3 times and fuel tank once. Just returned at 43k and dealer and Nissan refused to repair item.

Lights out
By mark skipper on 02/12/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have been pretty pleased with this truck. Dealer fixed brake problems early on. One thing though is that many times at night when I turn on the right hand turn signal the lights go off. This has scared the crap out of me as driving at high speeds at night and the lights go out when I turn on the right hand signal and a few times when I go from dims to bright. Anyone else experience this? Always in a panic to turn them back on.

Front left seal at Pumpkin leakage
By Brian Miller on 10/15/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I brought my truck to the dealership after noticed a shiny area around mt front diff when I put my hand up to touch it it moved around like a joy stick. I bough it to the dealer and they popped the seal back in and filled it back up with diff fluid. They refused to cover it under warranty because I have a PRG leveling kit, I know other who have had the same problem lift kit or not and got it covered. I spent $95. Very disappointing.

Unsure of issue
By Carlos Baro on 08/22/09 23:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 King Cab and I love this truck. I just don't like the noise coming from somewhere whenever I'm making a turn as I come out of our driveway or the parking lot. It seems like it's a steering or brake issue, I'm not sure. (Only noticeable when the engine is still running for under 2 minutes or so.) I've read about people often changing their brake rotors and pads. I remember having a brake judder when she was still about 5k miles. But I took it to the dealer and they corrected the problem. I'm not sure if they replace the rotors and pads though. I plan on keeping her and will replace the pads and rotors to aftermarket ones if I have to.

No Problems yet.
By jason on 05/26/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it used at 69k and now it has 92k. No problems. It's fun, fast and solid. Black with DK Grey leather. It's a great truck, I want to sell it because i want a Vette.

Wouldn't own another Nissan
By Rohr on 05/06/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has numerous recalls. I had to replace the entire rearend because Nissan couldn't replace leaking rear axle seals. They replaced it with a rearend from a newer year. $2700. Fuse box went bad. $425. Never had that happen before. Have to press gas pedal to start it now. Nissan has no idea what's wrong. Interior light problems. Electric window problems. 4x4 sensor problems. Front seats falling apart.

titan is good
By tim andrew on 04/13/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had bad, ( soft rotors at new ) they fixed that. Transmission slipped at 37K, was some type of switch. The trans. from the beginning of owning it, sometimes when taking off, feels like you took off on a spot of ice, wheels slip for a moment. They don't know what it is. Also, at a light, it feels like someone bangs into you lightly, they say common.