2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
80,000 And Still Love This Truck
By Scott on 07/14/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the truck in 04 new and have had NO problem except the initial brake issue that Nissan took care of until a recently having problem with A/C control knob. A very minor first problem after 4 years and 80,000 miles. I can't imagine why Nissan is talking with Dodge to design the next generation Titan!! Except for MPG I would love to keep the truck for many years to come!

Buy a Titan
By harold Baker on 05/27/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Exceptional ride quality and workmanship. I've had almost no problems, mainly recalls for seat belts.

What a PAIN
By Tizan on 06/08/07 04:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it new, after 3k miles brakes went out, dealer replaced 3 times. Diff seal leaked, rattles all over, key gets stuck in ignition, front window regulator went out, drive shaft rusted, oil pressure sensor went out, makes me wonder what happend to Nissan. I am so disappointed that I want to call get rid of this truck. I have a 90 300zx thats been more fun, and reliable then this truck, I will never buy another Nissan.

A Nissan disappointment
By Ron on 12/24/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Problems since day one. Windows, door handles, horn, plastic body parts and more are poorly designed and don't function properly to this date 1 1/2 years later. Major drive train problem that Nissan can't or refuses to fix. Nissan denies there even is a problem. Svc mgr confirmed vibration at mid speed range. A warrantee is only as good as the issuer. In this case, no good. My advice, buy another make of truck.

Drive it and you'll buy it
By RB's Titan on 11/01/05 17:55 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck. I was previous Toyota Tundra owner and Ford F150 before that so trucks are my choice vehicle. Have had no problems that stranded me in this truck and the dealer has made all warranty repairs in timely fashion. Being a first year and first release I can say that Nissan put in their time. Currently I have 28K and a few mods that have proven to out perform other makes and still maintain drivability.

Bought it for RV use
By larryk on 10/28/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the truck. Lots of power to pull a good size trailer in the half ton class. I have also used it with a 8' slide-in camper that is over weight. It handles it well but needs overloads and a stonger frame to reduce flex. Performance problem is surging under decleration at around 3000 rpm loaded or unloaded, Cruise or manual. Overall mpg is 13 with a max of 17. Would like better of course. Sometimes the seat & mirror memory system act peculiar but shut down and start over and it comes up OK. When I lost my lug nut key, the dealerships (3) wouldn't remove or let me remove the locks from my other wheels without a charge even tho I paid for and ordered a replacement key. Bad policy.

Touting Titan
By goesto11 on 10/26/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall outstanding truck. Many thoughtful features from the Nissan engineers, with great attention to the details (power in truckbed, spray in liner, UTILITRACK!). Comfortable on long and short trips. Much better build than my previous GMC half ton. This is a solid truck that will serve you well on the job site or in suburbia. Dislikes...the radio tuner is awful, with the FM radio freq's sounding like they are almost underwater. CD player is fine. The radio also has an aux in for us iPod/MP3 users which is very helpful. 18" Goodyears will require financing to replace. Also be advised that this beast will not fit in a standard size garage door opening without folding in mirrors.

fun
By weislouie on 03/14/05 19:52 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

i own a drywall business and bought this truck for work. it will do the trick, but is much too nice for work.

awsome truck
By al on 02/03/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for almost a year. the ride is great. awsome power, great sound from exhaust. best looking truck. Already been in the dealer for new window switches, front brake dicks raplaced. Heat shield retightened, and nasty rattles coming from dash, driver and passenger doors, head rest,(which dealer has tried to fix with poor succes) Tail gate slides to right or left when opened.

One Baaaaad Truck
By Randy Jackson on 12/18/04 10:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first saw the Nissan Titan I fell in love, I knew I had to have one. When I seen the Horsepower it had I knew that it will soon be the Competition for Ford, Dodge and the others. So watch out Folks Nissan did it right this time.