2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Tough Truck
By Major Disaster on 09/29/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Researched full sized trucks and chose Titan in 2004, after driving the others. Never regretted it, now has 80,000 miles on it without a complaint. Factory replaced original rotors after first ones warped early on, and no further problems and couple minor recall items fixed. Strong truck with torque-monster motor, have pulled big trailers, loaded it up even beyond it's capacity and no complaints from it. Huge interior, now wife drives it regularly, with two big dogs in pack seat. Sad to hear that Nissan will discontinue it soon, would replace it with another one if they are still around, but it's indestructible for now.

best buy ever
By LHopper on 08/17/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Never owned a pick up prior to this truck, I have put 140,000 miles on this truck, with no issues, , except original brake problem that Nissan addressed and fixed. Low low maintenance, still have original battery in Arizona after 4 years I hope they come out with a 6 foot bed in the 4 door, and a diesel. Best truck money can buy... Sorry Detroit maybe u guys will learn some day to use better longer lasting components

Benchmark worthy
By jrs on 12/29/06 21:13 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is no wonder the new silverado and tundra have been given monster torque and hp, because in 04 nissan set a new benchmark for power and performance in its debut truck. Interior build is the only drawback. A few things are going to be a little off, wear poorly (my visors sag, and the paint comes off with wear on the door handle). Putting the rubber to the road, you will feel like you are in a 90's chevy z-71... if that truck had a huge interior that doubles as your office on the road (i landscape for extra cash). Steering is tight, driving is fun, mileage is the same as the new f-150. I would buy this truck again every time, and it has better base features.

best truck you will ever drive
By ross bryan on 03/21/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. its fast, fun, powerful and reliable. every time i turn the key it starts right up. i will drive it until the doors fall off of it.

dealing with brakes
By greg taylor on 08/04/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

About every 6,000 miles expect front brake work. The first time, new pads, resurface rotors. Second time,new pads,new rotors, with explaination that all parts are not avail. Third time new pads, resurface rotors. Still no "parts" to correctlly fix. I suspect that in about 2,000 miles I'll be back again. Only this time I am going to make the dealer replace this vehicle under Florida's Lemon Law. Other than that it is a great truck

Love my Titan
By jack on 12/26/04 09:40 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 03 Frontier Crew Cab for my new Titan Crew Cab. What a difference. I have been a Ford fan for years but Nissan's products are hard to beat, especially on quality and price. We have taken 2 road trips and found it to be most comfortable. Passing is not problem. The folding rear seats make for perfect storage while carrying things that don't need to be exposed to the weather I have received numerous compliments on my Titan's appearance. Especially the Deep Water blue paint. I'm routinely getting 16 mpg in town and 19 on the highway without a headwind. Outstanding Truck!!

love my titan
By nissan man on 12/04/04 08:42 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have an 04 deep water xe crew cab that get lots of compliments. The interior is the best in class. It has awesome power yet very managable. Great truck on the highway ,as well as, in town. Seating position is perfect. I highly recommend the xe prefered package. My xe is the best truck i've owned. Nissan's titan crew cab is definitely a touch down for nissan

It's the engine, stupid....
By Brons2 on 11/04/04 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The engine on this truck is the best on the market. It also has a very roomy interior and a silky 5 speed auto. The mileage sucks in town, but hey this is a big truck with 300+ HP. It's not too bad on the highway with the 5spd auto though, 17-18mpg. The XE Crew Cab comes with power windows/door locks, tilt and cruise. I am 6'7" also and really liking the room both in front and in back With the $2000 rebate I only paid $22,400 out the door, right at TMV, sticker was $26,810. Mine also has remote keyless, 6 disc CD, overhead bins and floord mats. This truck was a steal for the price! Was going to get another F150 but I got hooked on the Titan!

Awesome
By jessnga on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Nice truck. Ride is as good as F-150. Engine is in a league of its own. Fuel mileage surprisingly good...if you stay away from the 305 horses. I got 22 on a trip across South Carolina that combined Interstate and secondary roads. Some fit and finish issues...but dealership is fixing those. Dash rattles have sorted themselves out with miles. I would buy the same truck again!

Open a can!
By sswells36 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned close to a dozen full sized trucks, In this category.... nothing comes close.