Used 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Can't wait for the new one to come out!
By ntitan

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan w/ 113,000 miles on it and it is just like a brand new one. I now have 126,000 on it and not one problem. Take care of it and it will surely take care of you. If you have ever questioned if you should buy this truck over the Detroit boys, well you would never regret it. Give it a chance and you will never go back, I promise you that.

Favorite Features

Interior size for my family of five. The power is awesome. The stereo rules

Suggested Improvements

Drinks gas, but what big truck doesn't. We all want better fuel economy, but then everyone would cry over lack of power. Nobody can make everybody happy, keep up the great work Nissan, no complaints from me.

Problems with Vehicle
By Waterlogged

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bedliner bubbles, Water intrusion on passenger side interior after it rains which has caused entire interior MOLD issues, seats, carpet and more. Rain also causes doors to pour out water when opened. Rusting has appeared on front passenger tire as well as metal parts in the interior of the vehicle. Attempts to fix this have been unsuccessful.

Favorite Features

Due to the mold issues I no longer can drive this vehicle. Before that I enjoyed driving the truck. The interior cabin is roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Better spray in Liners, A/C system needs work so that other people do not have the same problems I have encountered. It is a horrible feeling to see my vehicle in such poor condition. Due to the Mold I will never get in the vehicle again nor will any of my family members due to health risk.

Great truck
By jirvine

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my titan for five years. I have 163k miles and it still runs like the day i bought. Could not ask for a better truck

Favorite Features

Room, power, exhaust,

Suggested Improvements

20 inch rims factory

Tough Truck
By Major Disaster

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Researched full sized trucks and chose Titan in 2004, after driving the others. Never regretted it, now has 80,000 miles on it without a complaint. Factory replaced original rotors after first ones warped early on, and no further problems and couple minor recall items fixed. Strong truck with torque-monster motor, have pulled big trailers, loaded it up even beyond it's capacity and no complaints from it. Huge interior, now wife drives it regularly, with two big dogs in pack seat. Sad to hear that Nissan will discontinue it soon, would replace it with another one if they are still around, but it's indestructible for now.

Favorite Features

tons of power, comfortable interior, capable big truck, dependable work partner.

Suggested Improvements

can't think of any. Nissan has been very supportive of problems.

Nissan Titan Best Built Truck in America
By John Lechuga

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Despite the seatbelt recall, everything else on the Truck is superb. Original brakes lasted over 80K. Will surpass 100 miles by Dec 2009. Now that it is broken in, I can't wait for the next 200,000 miles. This truck is my quad. The vehicle is in excellent condition. Love my truck.

Favorite Features

Handling - Passing ability

Suggested Improvements

Turbo capability