2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
2004 Titan
By mabatista on 02/05/12 12:32 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I use this truck to Tow almost daily (about 4-5000lb trailer). Great tow vehicle. Mileage is about 10 towing. About 12 around town. I once got about 14-15 on the interstate and was thrilled! This thing eats brakes. Fronts every 25k, rears every 40k. Trim pieces are cheap, but the engine/trans has benn reliable. I would buy it again. (I would get 4wd though)

Great Truck!
By doczachary on 04/25/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I puchased my 2004 Nissan Titan with less than 50 miles on it and I currenly have over 120K. There has been 2 recalls (brake shudder and wiring harness) and both were done quickly and efficiently. I have read where people wanted better gas mileage but you don't buy a heavy truck with a powerful 5.6L V8 engine and then complain about the mileage. I have towed 10K, loaded the bed to the point where it couldn't take anymore and everything worked as expected. I have replaced the rear axle seals and bearing with better than factory. Used only synthetic oils since 2nd change. It just keeps running. Never a hiccup or an issue. Been a great truck and I plan to keep it until it dies!

Can't wait for the new one to come out!
By ntitan on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan w/ 113,000 miles on it and it is just like a brand new one. I now have 126,000 on it and not one problem. Take care of it and it will surely take care of you. If you have ever questioned if you should buy this truck over the Detroit boys, well you would never regret it. Give it a chance and you will never go back, I promise you that.

Faulty Evaporator
By JeffG on 08/23/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Outside of the engine and the premium sound system, I would not buy this truck again! Apparently, there's a waiting list from Nissan, including myself, for a known problem with the AC evaporator unit, which is behind the dashboard, that when it dies, they currently do not have a replacement and you'll have to wait for several months/year for one. Never buy a Nissan again!

2004 Titan
By mel62 on 05/22/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

purchased new and has been spraying gasoline out filler neck when re- fueling. Dealer has replaced evaporative canister 3 times and fuel tank once. Just returned at 43k and dealer and Nissan refused to repair item.

Lights out
By mark skipper on 02/12/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have been pretty pleased with this truck. Dealer fixed brake problems early on. One thing though is that many times at night when I turn on the right hand turn signal the lights go off. This has scared the crap out of me as driving at high speeds at night and the lights go out when I turn on the right hand signal and a few times when I go from dims to bright. Anyone else experience this? Always in a panic to turn them back on.

Problems with Vehicle
By Waterlogged on 11/06/09 07:17 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bedliner bubbles, Water intrusion on passenger side interior after it rains which has caused entire interior MOLD issues, seats, carpet and more. Rain also causes doors to pour out water when opened. Rusting has appeared on front passenger tire as well as metal parts in the interior of the vehicle. Attempts to fix this have been unsuccessful.

Front left seal at Pumpkin leakage
By Brian Miller on 10/15/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I brought my truck to the dealership after noticed a shiny area around mt front diff when I put my hand up to touch it it moved around like a joy stick. I bough it to the dealer and they popped the seal back in and filled it back up with diff fluid. They refused to cover it under warranty because I have a PRG leveling kit, I know other who have had the same problem lift kit or not and got it covered. I spent $95. Very disappointing.

Great truck
By jirvine on 10/04/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my titan for five years. I have 163k miles and it still runs like the day i bought. Could not ask for a better truck

Tough Truck
By Major Disaster on 09/29/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Researched full sized trucks and chose Titan in 2004, after driving the others. Never regretted it, now has 80,000 miles on it without a complaint. Factory replaced original rotors after first ones warped early on, and no further problems and couple minor recall items fixed. Strong truck with torque-monster motor, have pulled big trailers, loaded it up even beyond it's capacity and no complaints from it. Huge interior, now wife drives it regularly, with two big dogs in pack seat. Sad to hear that Nissan will discontinue it soon, would replace it with another one if they are still around, but it's indestructible for now.