2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan XD model:

Titan XD Pro 4X Diesel - Cant beat the Cummins !!
By Anks

2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my first truck and I am loving it so far. I have been researching about this truck since a year until I finally got it a month ago. I test drove the big 3's and let me admit that none of them has a riding comfort and technological advance features like this one has. The round view monitor is the best add on and the towing capacity is way better than a 1/2 ton. The V8 Cummins in this truck is the only V8 that cummins make and it is powerful and quite. This truck has a 6.5 foot bed and a 120 v outlet in the bed and that is a great add for campers or people loving off road adventures. Watch for the new Nissan offers on MSRP for 2016 models. Some people may want to stick to the big 3 saying thats what is American!! But this is truly American with Cummins in it !!! All I can say that this is the best workhorse out there and can't ask anything more than 2 reliable names... Cummins and Nissan !!!

Well worth the money!
By Tim

2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is the truck many have been waiting for and Nissan did a great job with it. I bought an SV model 4x4 with the Cummins diesel. Smooth ride, plenty of power, quiet cabin. Build quality is exceptional on mine. Better than my Tundra that I traded for the Titan. MPG has been about 20.6 so far combined on an engine that has only 400 miles on it so it is far from broken in yet. I got out the door for this truck at a little less than $40,000, so good deals are available if you look around. don't believe all the negative reviews you see from so called experts, drive one for yourself and see what a great truck this really is.

My first truck
By Mike

I have owned the truck for 2 weeks now so cant speak about reliability but this thing is incredible to drive. I went in for a Frontier and loved the ride and agility but the back seat wasn't going to get it done for family outings. Test drove the Titan XD and was hooked immediately! I have to say I was intimidated at first, this thing is huge compared to the sedans and suv's I have had over time, but this beast drives smooth and quiet with plenty of room for the gang. Not sure what it was about the personality of the car but it just kinda spoke to me (buy me) not sure if it was the Cummins diesel badge or the 4x4 or the quality of the ride or the reliability of Nissan (owned several including Infinity). I have read some complaints about cost or power, I guess because I dont know much about trucks but this thing could pull over 12k, Dang a 30ft Eliminator speed boat ways about 5k lbs. whoever complains about its towing capacity is just looking at and apple when the obviously need a orange. The other negative I have seen is comparable trucks are cheaper, I just dont think this is true. someone compared a loaded SV against a stripped version of a 2500 and said it was too expensive, just silly. I got 7k off Pro4x, this beast is just sexy people would hard pressed to find a cummins diesel 4x4 with all that comes with this truck for less than 47k after discount.

Pro 4X Nissan Titan XD
By dmichaelorr@gmail.com

I owned 3 Tundras prior to my new Titan XD. The truck has all the makings of a 2500, but sized at a 1500. It would seem that any negative reviews must come from critics and not owners. If you drive the truck for any time at all, then you'll understand how awesome of a truck this is.

Very Nice
By M. H.

2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Every thing I had hoped for in a heavy 1/2 ton. Tuff and strong like a 3/4 ton with comfort and ride of a 1/2 ton. Plenty of power & comfort !