1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:
I loved the Stanza, but it did not love me.
By emsquared on 10/23/11 23:50 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I had a 1992 XE model for about 4 years. It was my college car. I enjoyed driving her super fast and getting speeding tickets right and left. I took care of her, but I drove the car hard. Eventually, at 180k, she caught fire from the distributor cap and part of the hood burned. Then, after getting that fixed, the timing chain went and she was scrap. Even before the big events, the car nickeled and dimed me to death. But boy, did I enjoy that car while it lasted.

Best Cheap Car You Can Get
By Blake on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought it for $800 6 years ago. 86K. Used it as just a work car and the timing chain just broke at 126K. Had to put on a new front axle, fuel injector and muffler. Other then that just normal oil changes. Always started in subzero weather. Other then the few repairs in 6 years this car was super reliable. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great A B car.

Love MY Stanza!
By lemmon22 on 02/08/10 07:01 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Love my car...fast 2.4L engine. My car has over 230,000 miles on it and I have actually been given offers to sell my car. Hmmm, I think the word is out and ppl know what's under the Stanza's hood. Her looks are deceiving, lol. She's a gas saver too! Over the 6 yrs that I have owned her, everything I have done kindof adds up (alternator, plug wires, distributor and cap, starter, rack pinion, outer tie rods, and electrical window switch on driver's side), but I DO NOT HAVE a car payment ppl! I trust this car and will definitely buy another Nissan. Oh, and changing the rack pinion and outer tie rods...$700 this last weekend....well worth it...I never had a car drive so straight!

A well-built and reliable car
By stanzafan on 03/10/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car has over 201,000 miles, and had very few problems until very recently like water pump and radiator, and the o-ring on the distributor shaft. Over 16 years, these plastic and rubber parts have become brittle and need to be replaced. But overall reliability has been remarkable. After some cleaning/servicing, it runs quite smoothly, not less than it was new.

Low maintenance vehicle
By zzyzzyva on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car has been outstanding from the maintenance viewpoint. Replacing an alternator at 160,000 miles, air- conditioner compressor at 157,000 miles, and had cruise control problems at 140,000 miles. Otherwise, just changing the oil every 3,000 miles and replecing battery and plugs, hoses and belts is the extent of maintenance I've done. I wouldn't be afraid to take off today and drive across the U.S. in it. It's been and remains a great car. I now have a 2000 Maxima that I think is another winner.

the nissan advantage!!
By gatekeepa1 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my stanza brand new off the showroom floor. 14 years & 216,000 miles later, this car is still running strong. I replaced the clutch at 207,000 miles, and aside from that, I've not had to perform any repairs. Honda and Toyota boast reliable products, but nissan offers the same, as well as, better styling and most of all affordability.

Great car
By t-chief on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Have had this car for over 12 years. It's the best car I have ever owned. Have only put tires, brakes, and a battery in it. Well, I had to put gas in it too.

IT JUST WON'T DIE!!
By JOHN on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Over ten years later with over 155,000 miles and the the only maintenance performed was the normal maintenace. Just change the oil every 3,000 miles and the car will still beat other cars in pickup taking off from a redligth. I am so impressed with Nissan that I just purchased 1992 Nissan 240 SX Limited Edtion Convertible for the fun of having a convertible. It still has the original muffler! Nissan is reliable, dependable and sharp looking for the money. The Stanza was in the same class as the Accord and Camry. But they were charging more money with less options in their cars. GO NISSAN!!!

IT JUST WON'T DIE!!
By john on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Pretty good
By jkkansas on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Overall this has been a pretty good car. Had to replace the clutch at 100,000 miles. Probably due to inexperience at driving a stick shift. A reliable car. Sometimes it will not go into reverse the first time. bought used with 79000 miles and now have 140000 miles with few problems.