1991 Nissan Stanza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:
best car nissan has made
By jtravaglito on 02/11/11 18:39 PM (PST)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

i got this car from my father a year ago when i got my license.my dad got the car from my grandfather.she has 157000 miles on her.she runs strong as ever. I've recently had the car completely restored and she looks like she did 20 years ago when she rolled off the assembly line.for me this car is not just transportation it is part of my family history. i hope to have this car untll it wont run anymore.it is in my opinion the absolute best car nissan has ever made

1991NissanStanzaXE
By Ray Smith on 07/17/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. Fun to drive, has enough power, comfortable on the highway, interior is nice. Great car until an oil leak killed the clutch. Know of another owner that had same problem, $4,000 repair bill. Haven't decided to fix or sell.

Everyready
By Drivetillitdrops on 09/24/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since new. Now, 370,100 miles later I'm almost ready to replace it. There's nothing wrong with how it runs - it's just the little rubber things that are breaking down. The engine still has great torque - often I leave a stop sign from 2nd gear. Mileage is about 22 but sometimes I get the 27mpg of old days. The interior is still great. This has been a hell of a car.

Keeps going and going
By Holly on 04/13/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '91 Stanza as a 9 year old car from a friend 5 years ago. It has been extremely reliable, and repairs have been relatively cheap: repaired a rocker arm for $100 and replaced a battery and brake pads in that time. I finally sold it 2 weeks ago because there has been a strong raw gas fume/exhaust smell in the car that 2 mechanics could not figure out. I did replace the CV joints, but I figure they rusted out because I stopped taking the car to the car wash (got discouraged with the fumes). It got some body rust around the front fenders/door area, too, again because of the car wash thing, I think. I live by the ocean in a heavy snowfall/road salt area. A wicked good car.

The great stanza
By Sanjay patel on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this used car since 1993 when it had 37000 miles. I've since added 200,000 miles and, knock on wood, never experienced any problems with it. Nissan makes great engines and this car has made me a believer. A great car for the ages.

Best Reliable Fast Fun Car
By Mitch Snyder on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

I have driven my 91 Stanza for 2 years now and I will never sell it. I keep it in mint condition but I never have a problem with it.

Nissan Stanza 91
By Xueying Li on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

high reliability, very durable. good performance. confortable seat. run great. good transmition. timing chain. all powered

One Owner
By Day on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

Second car for spouse shopping use. Now too aged for continued driving. Car has been properly maintained including oil & filter change every 3000miles. No repairs required except change of tires, new battery, new brakes.