Used 1990 Nissan Stanza GXE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Stanza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:

Good car for beginners
By momoni

1990 Nissan Stanza Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I was a freshman in college for $1400. Little did I know i would have to spend about another $700 to get it in shape. The problems have been minimal and parts have pretty reasonable prices. Although it is a 4 cylinder, it performs very well and gets average gas milage. It has a sporty feel and easily passes any Accord or Camry of its age. Passenger room is nice up front, yet tight in the rear. The Stanza offers everything it rivals do, only more power and a smaller price.

Power Sunroof, Map Light, Power Windows and Door Locks, Varible Automatic Transmission, Lumbar Support, Rear Spoiler, and 2.4 Liter Engine.

Although this car was replaced by the Altima in 1993, improvements could have made to relocate and resize the tiny cup-holders and the passenger door should have had a switch for the power locks.

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE
By Ken Johnston

1990 Nissan Stanza Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my Grandfather and he used it mainly in town with some highway use on I-15 so milage average is low. I had to replace all the leaking fuel injectors in 2002 but that is only major repair failure. Other normal maintenance issues like CV Joints, etc. are required for all cars. Gas milage is less than my same 1990 Mazda 626 (which is a 5 speed). This car is a bit tight in headroom for me but a great 2nd commute car for my wife. Stanza design hurt its longevity but it is comparable to other Japanese cars for reliability outside of fuel injectors.

Velour seats on GXE Stanza.

Better fuel economy needed for 4 cylinder