1990 Nissan Stanza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:
Good car for beginners
By momoni on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I was a freshman in college for $1400. Little did I know i would have to spend about another $700 to get it in shape. The problems have been minimal and parts have pretty reasonable prices. Although it is a 4 cylinder, it performs very well and gets average gas milage. It has a sporty feel and easily passes any Accord or Camry of its age. Passenger room is nice up front, yet tight in the rear. The Stanza offers everything it rivals do, only more power and a smaller price.

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE
By Ken Johnston on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my Grandfather and he used it mainly in town with some highway use on I-15 so milage average is low. I had to replace all the leaking fuel injectors in 2002 but that is only major repair failure. Other normal maintenance issues like CV Joints, etc. are required for all cars. Gas milage is less than my same 1990 Mazda 626 (which is a 5 speed). This car is a bit tight in headroom for me but a great 2nd commute car for my wife. Stanza design hurt its longevity but it is comparable to other Japanese cars for reliability outside of fuel injectors.