Used 1990 Nissan Stanza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Stanza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:

Most Helpful|
Good car for beginners
By momoni

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I was a freshman in college for $1400. Little did I know i would have to spend about another $700 to get it in shape. The problems have been minimal and parts have pretty reasonable prices. Although it is a 4 cylinder, it performs very well and gets average gas milage. It has a sporty feel and easily passes any Accord or Camry of its age. Passenger room is nice up front, yet tight in the rear. The Stanza offers everything it rivals do, only more power and a smaller price.

Favorite Features

Power Sunroof, Map Light, Power Windows and Door Locks, Varible Automatic Transmission, Lumbar Support, Rear Spoiler, and 2.4 Liter Engine.

Suggested Improvements

Although this car was replaced by the Altima in 1993, improvements could have made to relocate and resize the tiny cup-holders and the passenger door should have had a switch for the power locks.

My Stanza
By Lancey

1990 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

I have had but one real problem and that was the fuel pump. I found one in a wrecking yard for 35.00 and have no problems since. I have changed the spark plugs and the brakes need done and possible cv joint will be needing replaced soon, but what do you expect after 238,000 miles. It has been the best little car I have ever bought.

Favorite Features

The automatic seat belts.

Suggested Improvements

Could have used a better cup holder design.

best car ever owned
By GREG HART

1990 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

My wife has had this car for about 12 years. I have been driving it for the last 4 and have had no major problems. just standard maintenance. Am just know putting front brakes on it since my wife had owned it. Had replaced the raditor because of a slow leak, replaced the cv joints once 1 year ago. That is it. This car is roomy, has good exceleration and good on gas. Maintence has been negligible. Love this car and I'm still driving it.

Bulletproof
By JEFE

1990 Nissan Stanza XE 4dr Sedan

Just sold my Nissan Stanza after ten years. Never a major problem. Only had to deal with maintenance issues that begin to crop up with an aging car, i.e.,clutch, fuel injection system, etc. If not for the generic styling, the Stanza would have been a world beater.

Favorite Features

Nice driver's layout, i.e., gauges, shifter, bucket seats, good visibility, etc. Nice engine.

Suggested Improvements

Pointless to suggest improvements on a model that was discontinued (or changed forms) over ten years ago; however, the cup holders stunk, and it would have been nice to have a tach included on a model with a manual transmission

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE
By Ken Johnston

1990 Nissan Stanza GXE 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my Grandfather and he used it mainly in town with some highway use on I-15 so milage average is low. I had to replace all the leaking fuel injectors in 2002 but that is only major repair failure. Other normal maintenance issues like CV Joints, etc. are required for all cars. Gas milage is less than my same 1990 Mazda 626 (which is a 5 speed). This car is a bit tight in headroom for me but a great 2nd commute car for my wife. Stanza design hurt its longevity but it is comparable to other Japanese cars for reliability outside of fuel injectors.

Favorite Features

Velour seats on GXE Stanza.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy needed for 4 cylinder