2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Not impressed with what's supposed to be the best.
By steven sneed

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is cheaply made, i had an accident at no more than 10-12 mph and due to a truck slamming on his brakes i could not stop in time and even pushing the brake as hard as i could the car would not stop quick enough so i hit the rear and the cost of repair was over $4,000.00 to the front end. The air bag sensor bracket was bent back but yet no bag was deployed. I bought the car for my wife but i personally would not own it but she likes it. it is a pretty car and the dash is great. we only have a 150 miles on the car and gas mileage is poor and not what is advertised. I wish i could give it back . I probably won't drive it again as i have a real car of my own, Dodge Challenger not a little go cart with sides.As you can tell i do not like this Sentra SV but it does have a smooth ride. I think it is a dangerous vehicle to be in if you have a bad accident as i have read other reviews of air bags not deploying anywhere in the car. the outside of the car bends up with very little force against it. My son just bought a 2016 sentra and i tried to talk him out of it, he has had it a week now and is finding same problems. I WON"T BUY another one. I would buy the Rouge however but the made the payments out of our reach and i think they just want to push the 15 sentra to get it out of their inventory.

Nissan Sentra
By Aretha D. Blow

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I didn't like the CVT, seats weren't comfortable, telescoping steering wheel was limited didn't go up high enough for me and they're priced TOO HIGH.

Not impressed with size
By Ann Prow

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Not the car we needed.

Sentra SR , answers the call
By Bill C.

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

First thing, If you want 0-60 times that will Impress your friends , look elsewhere. Power , is adequate , no more. I like the quietness of the interior , the quality of interior materials, and the car looks great. Had zero problems , no issues. I have not checked the mpg , and will not do so until I reach 12k miles. Same goes for final judgement on the 1.8L power plant. The CVT is not as weird as earlier versions I have driven. It does take some getting use to and this is my third CVT equipped Nissan, so it no longer seems that strange. My experience has shown that to really judge the performance and mpg on a car such as this , first you need to get them well broken in. As stated , this is my third Nissan , I keep going back because they have always been trouble free , tight and quiet. If I had a beef , it would have been the CVT, but I've experienced no trouble with any of the three Nissan CVT's I've owned. Not a race car , but a good looking, IMO , and trouble free vehicle that looks nice and ages well. Interior materials seem to hold up, and squeaks and rattles just don't seem to happen.

bad transmission
By Arthur's

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was backing out of my driveway which is up on a little hill , As I almost got out to the street to go forward my car died, halfway in the driveway and halfway in the street. Its been in the shop for two days and not up and running yet. I am very disappointed with it. 10,000 miles and less than a year this happens. But better in my driveway than out on a interstate going to work and it dies in traffic. No more Nissans for me