Avoid like the plague!
By 1angryconsumer on
2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased this car about 3 months ago. When I test drove it I didn't notice anything unusual. But after about a week of driving I noticed the car starts to "shudder" when slowing down to a stop or creeping in traffic. Every day, every time. It will keep it up until you either stop or accelerate. The CVT operates at two levels for 2014, basically Low and Drive. It's not dropping out of Drive to Low, causing terrible shuddering in the CVT. Nissan calls it "Juttering." So it's a known issue! I've been to the dealer 3X. Nissan Corporate Consumer and Regional Techs have been involved and say it's "normal." Really? That's BS, inexcusable and very poor engineering. This CVT is a disaster! AVOID
Favorite Features
Nice styling, nice wheels, very quiet interior, good mpg, short turning radius
Suggested Improvements
Change the software so it downshifts sooner!
By garypp
on 05/13/14 22:16 PM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Sentra. There is some vibration/judder/rattling when stopped at the red light. It happens only if gear is in "D" and brakes are applied. Happens only some times. Will keep in mind to check rpm next time it happens.

By mred72
on 06/12/14 16:57 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2013 Altima S and currently own a 13' Sentra SL. The juddering was so bad in the Altima I traded it in for a Toyota Camry because I didn't want to deal with the car anymore and took the loss. So, if you think your tranny is bad, be thankful you don't have an Altima. Nissan has been successful in "dumbing down" consumers and it has certainly worked by telling them "this is normal." Only the older generation drivers know better that a transmission should not be doing this. As above poster mentioned, my car does this as well but it is not as pronounced as the Altima was.

By never_again10
on 06/30/14 11:55 AM (PDT)

Has there been any update on your end? Have you filed a lemon law?