Not confident with reliability/would never buy Nissan again.
By mred72 on
2013 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
The GOOD: Interior/Exterior design and fit and finish. Ride quality excellent for highway which is what I mostly do. Stock SL sound system is ample. Voice activated Bluetooth is great! LED accents make the car look better. That's about where it ends. The BAD: CVT transmission's are just terrible in general, but Nissan JATCO's are probably the worst built out there. I wonder if mine will last. Terrible wiper design. Driver side wiper too long so it's trying to clean off too large an area that leaves a smeared mess on the passenger side. Driver wiper also is half hidden/half protrudes. Continued below...
Favorite Features
There is a trick to changing the blades, but only the dealer knows. you cannot raise either wiper AT ALL as the hood blocks the arms from coming up. A wavy blur at bottom of windshield where wipers are. Armrest useless, in 13' it does not slide forward. It's too far back for usefulness. My car had a faulty Fuel Sending Unit within the first month of ownership. I had to wait 2 months to get a replacement part and had to go through Nissan Consumer Affairs to get the part. My dealership was not helpful and made all kinds of excuses. I'm not getting even CLOSE to the advertised MPG. More like 29 MPG on 90% highway driving.
Suggested Improvements
Not that I care, because I can't wait to pay this off and trade it in for a Toyota; I had been driving them for the past 12 years with no issues whatsoever. Nissan owns a portion of JATCO which supplies Nissan its transmissions. They are terrible and Nissan needs to go back to gear driven planetary automatics. There's a reason Infinity does not have any model with a CVT. I had a new Nissan Stanza back in 1991. I had trouble with that too, but thought maybe they had changed and got their act together. Apparently not. I do not recommend anyone buy a Nissan product.