No Show Stopper
By words on
2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I just bought the NIssan Sentra 2013, and nobody really noticed! And the more I drive it I know why. Though upgraded from the previous model, Nissan went back to archives and pulled out the "GOTO" Nissan Altima file and just made it smaller. I bought the SL model with the wood grain, LED Lights, and dual temperature. The salesmen said it was loaded, but not really I should have looked up what "Loaded" is defined as according to Nissan. Bad: The model has LED lighting but it fails to light up the buttons on the door making it difficult to see the buttons at night, unless you open door.It doesn't seamessly go from low to high speed without a loud noise in the engine, unlike our NIssan Altima. There is a delay. Some highway noise too, and the windshield if you are short looks bifocal like and the lines on the road seem to wave, much like a bifocal glass.Moving the seat too is manual pumping. (Cheap!) I mean really they couldn't give you auto seats with the SL model. Thus far in comparison to the SUV i was driving I am saving a bit on gas, but though I am paying less, I seem to filling up almost the same. Hmmm! The sound system is good, but they trick you by putting in faux speakers in the doors, but no sound. What? I am grateful to God for allowing us to purchase this car, but some prayers should be left unanswered. Im already thinking of trading it in at 550 miles.
Favorite Features
LED Lighting Spacious Trunk Dual Temp
Suggested Improvements
Provide more features for SL Model Standard Put lights back into door button (Locks etc) Improve transmission acceleration noise and acceleration ability Rid Windshield of Bifocal like Shine up Wheel Covers Add Electronic seats no manual seats in SL Model
By erik25
on 01/28/13 16:58 PM (PST)

Had a rental Sentra 2012 and it feels more like a car than the one i own,civic 2012.When you use the trottle smart you can go from a stop to 60mph with 1400 rpm.........and low rpm's and less noise on the highway.When i got my civic back,a manual lx looked at the midi and saw a average mpg of 42.....with temperatures in the low 30's.Didn't saw that on the Sentra,more like 30.5 mpg with no higher rpm's as 2000 over 600 miles.It's still a Honda motor,with maybe higher rpm's but more fuel efficient.This 2013 Sentra will do better as the 2012 i drove.

By mred72
on 02/28/13 23:26 PM (PST)

Dude, you bought a SENTRA! It's not the Altima you also own. Scrap this review and start over, please. Buy another Altima if you like it so much!

By mthurl
on 01/23/13 19:05 PM (PST)

I guess I'm just confused at what you thought you were buying, did you think you were buying an Audi A8? I'm looking for a economical car that looks good and gets great fuel economy. I just got back from the Boston car show and I've got to say this was the only smaller car that actually looked and felt like a real car. It had the most leg room, trunk space and rear seat space from any of these types at that show (and there was every brand there). You rated this thing poor on everything and that was without even putting 500 miles on it?? Interior design, exterior design and reliability were that bad in 500 miles? Did you not physically look at the vehicle before you bought it? Or did the exterior design change when you drove it home? Did it break down, because you made no mention of that...even though you gave it two stars in that catergory. And you're saving a bit on gas, but your filling up about the same?? You been drinking? This doesn't make much sense.

By thetodd1984
on 03/01/13 14:48 PM (PST)

I have owned 19 new cars in 10 years of driving. I have had domestic and imports from almost every major maker. Your review sounds like you didnt really even like the car so why did you buy it? Did you just wander into the Nissan dealer having no clue what you wanted to buy? I looked at this car and loved it! I didnt want one because I was trading in my 2010 Cube SL which I LOVED! I wanted the space of an SUV/Waggon with the ground clearance of an SUV for the snow. I am LOVING my 2013 Rogue SV with the premium package. I think I will be a loyal Nissan owner forever more.