2013 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Great gas milaege!

2013 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great gas milaege!
By ttague2005 on

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

If I drive in the ECO mode, I easily get 45 mpg and trying hard can get 50 mpg in normal Boston area commuting. In normal mode I get 42 mpg. The sport mode is fun. I understand why each Nissan dealer I spoke with when I was shopping stated that the mpg rating was far too low. The manual rating is 36 highway and lower combined. This is a ridiculously low rating. The handling is a little soft, but the tires are for high mpg. The braking and acceleration is really good.

ECO!!!

A little firmer suspension would be nice.
By gmarrese91
on 05/08/13 19:28 PM (PDT)

Hi ttague2005, I am wondering how many miles you have on your car and how you are driving it. I have 225 miles on mine (not really broken in yet) and I am only getting a combined 29 mpg. That is driving very easily, never flooring it, always in eco mode. Any help would be great. thanks.

By rwmke
on 11/19/13 06:58 AM (PST)

I am interested in the transmission/clutch feel. How do you like that? Is launching easy, does the engine have good torque, is the clutch and throttle predictable...? Downshifting at speed for passing & cornering, is the transmission solid or is it hard to find gates and mushy engaging, does the electronic throttle erroneously second-guess your inputs or does it help...? Upshifting, is it easy or a chore, do the revs hang (as is typical since the '70s), were you able to break in the synchros without breaking anything...?

By mred72
on 06/06/13 07:43 AM (PDT)

I'm skeptical of this review on the gas mileage. First, I hope you are not taking the trip computer numbers at face value. It's an error. It's off by 2-3MPG. I have 2,500 miles on my car and with either ECO mode or regular, I am averaging 33.1 MPG on mostly highway commuting. I am not hard on the pedal, and drive an average of 75MPH. Perhaps you might be a slow driver or have more flat road surfaces. Everyone's terrain is different. Perhaps you might be the lucky one, who knows but I think your numbers are way too high.