2013 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Only 5,000 miles with issues!!
By khuzbuz on 07/24/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have experienced problems with the AC blowing hot air and the rear brakes developing a loud metallic grinding/crackling noise. The first time I took it to the dealership they kept the car overnight - the service adviser said there was a service bulletin on the brakes and the brake cylinders needed some lubing. They had no idea why the AC was not cooling periodically. I picked the car up and after a week or so the brakes had the same issue and the AC was HOT all the time! Very uncomfortable driving in 100F+ weather with the windows down! The dealership kept it for 2 nights and figured the brake cylinders had to be replaced as well as the AC compressor. Covered by warranty but what's next???

The Real Poop On the 2013 Sentra SR
By billwunder on 06/26/13 12:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'll get right to my point. I just purchased a 2013 Sentra SR. Originally looking at Optima, Sonata, Altima and Accord. Optima and Sonata don't come with spare tires?? Ruled out. I liked the Altima better to drive but ruled it our due to additional cost and size (fitting in my garage). The Accord was just too boring. I am a retired Toyota Salesperson. I have driven most cars in this category at one time or another. Was introduced to the Sentra by a neighbor. Read every road test and drove a demo 3 times. Every professional criticized the car for noise and acceleration. In a 0-60 mph race the Sentra beat the Corolla and Civic. The performance is about the same as the Corolla I

Very Pleased So Far
By emgrtrct on 06/24/13 19:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my Sentra SR with the Driver's Package for one week. I previously drove a 10-year old Corolla with a lot of life left in it but in looking toward the future, now was the right time to make a purchase. I am a lifelong Toyota owner and am hoping this car is as reliable as my Toyotas have been. I compared the 2013 Corolla, Mazda 3, Jetta, Civic, Elantra and Sentra. Each had its benefits and drawbacks - it comes down to finding the right fit for the driver. I do not feel like I am driving an "economy" car which was part of the appeal of the Sentra. I have heard it called the "Small-tima" because it closely resembles the Altima.

The Real Review of the Sentra
By ptkchic on 05/25/13 22:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I tried the new Civic, Elentra, Dart, Mazda 3,Corolla, Focus. Basically every car on the compact market. When I test drove the Sentra, I liked it the most. I have now owned the car for 4 months and I still love it from day one. I will admit there is a major lack of power. You are not getting up to speed very quickly. The CVT is/can be very loud (but if you have the radio on, it tends to make the CVT quieter.) Slow down then step on the gas, the CVT gets even loud The styling inside and out are great, but the hubcaps on the car are awful. The handling is good, but you have to take sharp turns I would recommend going slow. The suspension is stiff, but I find that it come in handy over bumps.

Excellent Gas Mileage
By jdk1973 on 05/13/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2013 base Sentra S with 6sp manual in mid March. Gas mileage rocks! I get in the high 30's to low 40's in regular mode. I consistantly get 360 miles per tank of fuel using about 9 gallons. This is mixed driving with sometimes frequent stops. Seats are insanely uncomfortable but not a deal breaker given the price. Mine listed for $17,000 and I purchased for $14,000. I feel this was a great negotiated price considering that it is an all new look without lots of incentives. I selected the silver with Charcoal interior...looks great with added body side molding and really dark-tinted windows.

Great car as long as you know what you're getting
By gmarrese91 on 05/09/13 11:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have to say I am so surprised by how much I love this car. I wasn't expecting it to be so comfortable, so quiet, and fun to drive. Especially because I was coming from a 2010 GTI. I had enough with the constant problems and decided to take advantage of a great lease deal on a fully loaded 2013 Sentra SR. Really this car is great. It's quiet on the highway, seats are comfortable, GPS is awesome, all in all I actually like it better than the VW. Can't comment on gas mileage though.. I only have 350 miles on it so its not broken in yet. Only averaging 28-30 mpg, but I expect that to increase after I hit 1000-2000 miles on the odometer.

Great gas milaege!
By ttague2005 on 05/01/13 12:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

If I drive in the ECO mode, I easily get 45 mpg and trying hard can get 50 mpg in normal Boston area commuting. In normal mode I get 42 mpg. The sport mode is fun. I understand why each Nissan dealer I spoke with when I was shopping stated that the mpg rating was far too low. The manual rating is 36 highway and lower combined. This is a ridiculously low rating. The handling is a little soft, but the tires are for high mpg. The braking and acceleration is really good.

Great Car for a great price!!!
By ptkchic on 04/19/13 19:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car about 2 months ago. I got the navigation package and the driver's package. I love the Intelligent key and the touch screen. The car handles well and it gets great gas millage. When I fill up, on the dashboard it says I get 450 miles for one tank! I get 33 in the city and 38 on the highway. I drive about 30 miles a day and I do not have to fill up for a week. I turn heads every where I go. I have had people ask me if it a Lexus or Acura. People tell me that they love the look of the car. This is my second Sentra (I had a 2011), I love this one more and it feels like a bigger car than it actually is. Great Car, I would recommend this.

Nissan Sentra
By reviews2 on 04/19/13 08:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Sentra is a good car Runs well and gets good gas mileage

Love My Sentra SL
By pgh1559 on 04/12/13 19:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Sentra 2 months ago and have 5200 miles on it. I traded a 2012 Rogue for it, because I got extremely poor gas mileage one the Rogue. I am averaging approximately 33 miles per gallon around town (that is me figuring out the mileage when I fill up). I don't know how the person who is only getting around 300 miles per a tank is driving, but I have never gotten less than 350 per a tank and that was in the beginning. I got the Leather Pkg, The Premium Pkg, and the Technology Pkg. I actually had a 2009 Altima also, and I like this car better, to me the front seat is very comfortable, I was worried since it was not power. I would highly recommend this car.