Used 2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Not Satisfied
By 1srac

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my Nissan Sentra Dec of 2012. A week later i took it back cause the rubber seal around the front window came off. Took it to go looked at cause i can never get my music to bluetooth. took it back again cause while driving it, it felt like it was going to bog out and die. (Friend drove my car and freaked out) they couldn't re create it! took it back again for a sensor re call in the passenger seat that linked to the air bags not deploying!! Got that fixed. Then took it back, cause i was driving it home and the car lost all power and would not go past 2000 RPM.(Couldnt find anything wrong) Ran out of space for everythingOverall I dont like the car. Gonna get me something else here soon.

Nice Car
By happyinnj

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a nice car. I've been reading the other reviews about the brakes, and I found out, almost accidently, that the rear brakes were recalled. They were fixed in less than an hour. The brake pedal does travel a bit more than normal, but we got used to it Generally, it's a nice car and gets very good gas milage. I average about 32 mpg, and that's a combination of city and highway mileage. The car is very roomy inside. 5 adults fit very comfortably, and the ride is smooth and not too noisy

Favorite Features

The Sirius XM and push button start is nice. I also like that the dashboard light will turn on, even in the daytime - this may sound like a minor thing, but once you get used to it, you really notice the difference when driving another car

Suggested Improvements

The brakes: when they have a recall, they should notify the people. I find out about this one, when I insisted that the dealer check, when the car had only 500 miles, that there was a grinding noise coming from the rear of the car. It bothered me that I had to tell the service mechanic to check this.

READY FOR ANOTHER RECALL
By wadhwa

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have only 16600 Miles.The Car already has a recall for stalling problems. Looks the Dealer just raised the accelerator level since the engine makes high level transmission noise while coming down slopes. Now the ABS and traction lights has come up. Upon Dealer inspection they found the ABS connector wire is cut off. Its a skinny ABS cable which is not properly covered from end to end with some thick plastic/tape and can get cut/damage easily from any object on the road while Driving and hanging like a Cradle. Nissan should understand that ABS is a major part of the braking system and Nissan Customer Service is not helpful. They should recall the Cars for replacement of ABS connector.

Favorite Features

Sorry None

Suggested Improvements

Must recall to replace the ABS Connector Wire. Its Nissan Design flaw and Nissan may end up paying Millions if people get in to Accident due to this major braking problem

Not confident with Nissan reliability
By mred72

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Had a review I previously submitted and Edmund's never posted. My SL now has close to 18,000 miles on it. Within the first 500 miles the Fuel sending Unit failed. I had to wait 2 months to get the part and I had to get Nissan Consumer Affairs involved. Good style inside and out, but poorly executed. Quality control is all over the place with Nissan; no consistency with different loaners I was given to fix other issues. CVT transmission among the worst built CVT's in the industry. Now having trouble with rear drum brakes.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth voice, interior fit and finish, exterior styling, LED accents. Climate control is fantastic with use of air conditioning. However, you freeze your butt off in climates when the temperature drops below 20 degrees. The heating system seems to take forever to heat the car up and maintain temperature. In my 45 minute commute, I don't get real heat until 30 minutes into the commute. In negative temperatures, the TPS system goes off and there is no way to shut it off.

Suggested Improvements

Auto on/off headlight feature useless with fog lamps. If fog lamps are in on position, so will your low beams night and day, so feature is useless with fog lamps. JATCO CVT's are quite problematic and really affect the performance and ride of this car. Toyota and Honda CVT's are programmed and manufactured much better producing better acceleration and RPM control. I cannot recommend Nissan products. Won't be buying another one again, ever. Fuel economy not even CLOSE to suggested MPG claimed. Center arm rest useless doesn't slide forward in 13' model. Wavy distortion at bottom of windshield.

Not confident with Nissan reliability
By mred72

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Favorite Features

Bluetooth voice, interior fit and finish, exterior styling, LED accents.