2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
12k Horror
By ptkchic on 11/15/13 22:52 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car back in March. It is now 8 months old with 12,000 miles on it. There is a whine coming from the rear breaks. I took the car in and they said my rear breaks are wearing and it will take at least a month before the parts come in. The gas mileage is at 20 mph and they have no idea why. When I turn the wheel left or right there is huge clunking noise. (I am told this is normal) My front brakes are wearing faster than they should. The car has been in 3 times for the rear brakes.I have to slam on the gas pedal before the brakes engage. I'm considering using the lemon law.

Love my car but...
By msl60 on 11/02/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love my sentra its the color I want the design I love and the gas economy I need. Although my car is 8 months old the transmission went out on it and is being replaced. I hope this is all I run into for quality of the build of this car. Lemon law says I have 18 months or 18,000 miles so hopefully this is the only issue with the car.... I am looking for other issues these 2013 Sentra's may have as well to have them checked out before it happens .. I did see the stalling issue which I shall address at the dealership.

So far so good
By prodigy1 on 10/10/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have a 2013 sentr sr with 600 miles. So far everything seems fine. A couple of things I've noticed is the cvt transmission takes a lot to get use to. It's either slowing down or speeding up. It just took time to get the feel for it and learn the cvt. the Mpg's are okay. I drive about 8 miles a day and I'm getting 250 miles a tank. I'm sure on the highway I'll get the full 350-400 miles my wife's gets. The performance is blah which is to be suspected, it's not a sports car. I like it for what it is. I liked it more then the corolla I test drove and more then the civic. You get more bang for the buck with the Sentra in my opinion. I will update later.

Be Careful, known stalling issue
By ramets5 on 10/09/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 has a known stalling issue that the Corporation is having trouble solving. The Power steering and Power brakes go out when it stalls, which basically makes the car an Olympic Toboggan if it stalls. When I returned it to the Dealer, they begged the Corporate Office to give us a rental car while they tried to figure out the problem. Nissan Corporate would not call me back (even though the Dealer supported the claim completely). The car was in the garage for 9 days. Corporate kept telling me the claim was in "elevated status" and I would receive a call the next day. They never called, and the Dealer would not return the car due to the known Safety Issue. We got it back on day 10.

Love my Sentra!
By snapdiggity on 10/06/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased my Sentra at the end of July and love it! I turned in 2010 Sentra I had, and do love this car more. My only complaint is the size of the center console, the 2010 model was much bigger which I loved. I love the LED accent lights inside and out. I am averaging about 35 MPG and my commute to work is only about 10 minutes mainly highway. The engine is extremely quiet, and love both the ECO and Sport features. I have the Black with Charcoal interior. Inside is easy to keep clean too. The leg room in both the back and front is roomy compared to my old Sentra. Would recommend!

Just not what i was promised
By leogirli on 08/31/13 09:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car a month ago and when I first bought, I loved it. Well after many tanks of gas and 13 trips to the dealership, (in one month I might add) I ended up getting rid of it. I live at a mile high so lower gas mileage is to be expected but I was getting the gas mileage of a gas guzzling SUV not a economy car. I bought the SV model sentra and was getting only 240 miles to a tank. Then it started idling rough. It would shake so hard my kids would notice when the passenger seat would shake. I ended up with a 2013 Altima and so far Im in love. I have only had the Alitma 24 hours and im hoping this car will be much better. Stay tuned.........

Good Job Nissan!
By ggtg34 on 08/11/13 22:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is definitely a huge improvement over the 2012 Sentra and I really like the look of the exterior and interior. I have been getting about 23 MPG in city driving and 30+ in highway driving. I took it on a trip to Pennsylvania and averaged 39 MPG for the entire trip! I know others have complained about the lack of power in this car, I agree that this is no race car and more power would make it more fun to drive. But overall the powertrain serves its purpose very well and I have never had any problems merging onto highways or anything like that. It's meant to be a commuting car and the compact size, good fuel economy and backup camera make it a perfect car for city driving.

Only 5,000 miles with issues!!
By khuzbuz on 07/24/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have experienced problems with the AC blowing hot air and the rear brakes developing a loud metallic grinding/crackling noise. The first time I took it to the dealership they kept the car overnight - the service adviser said there was a service bulletin on the brakes and the brake cylinders needed some lubing. They had no idea why the AC was not cooling periodically. I picked the car up and after a week or so the brakes had the same issue and the AC was HOT all the time! Very uncomfortable driving in 100F+ weather with the windows down! The dealership kept it for 2 nights and figured the brake cylinders had to be replaced as well as the AC compressor. Covered by warranty but what's next???

The Real Poop On the 2013 Sentra SR
By billwunder on 06/26/13 12:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'll get right to my point. I just purchased a 2013 Sentra SR. Originally looking at Optima, Sonata, Altima and Accord. Optima and Sonata don't come with spare tires?? Ruled out. I liked the Altima better to drive but ruled it our due to additional cost and size (fitting in my garage). The Accord was just too boring. I am a retired Toyota Salesperson. I have driven most cars in this category at one time or another. Was introduced to the Sentra by a neighbor. Read every road test and drove a demo 3 times. Every professional criticized the car for noise and acceleration. In a 0-60 mph race the Sentra beat the Corolla and Civic. The performance is about the same as the Corolla I

Very Pleased So Far
By emgrtrct on 06/24/13 19:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my Sentra SR with the Driver's Package for one week. I previously drove a 10-year old Corolla with a lot of life left in it but in looking toward the future, now was the right time to make a purchase. I am a lifelong Toyota owner and am hoping this car is as reliable as my Toyotas have been. I compared the 2013 Corolla, Mazda 3, Jetta, Civic, Elantra and Sentra. Each had its benefits and drawbacks - it comes down to finding the right fit for the driver. I do not feel like I am driving an "economy" car which was part of the appeal of the Sentra. I have heard it called the "Small-tima" because it closely resembles the Altima.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$169 per month*