Used 2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

20000, CVT Problems
By CVTsStink

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The warranty is only as good as the company backing it. Nissan has a CVT issue and, as normal isn't doing much about it. My last Nissan, CVT issues at 20,000. Nissan needs to step up. Can't get Nissan to keep the car long enough to get the car to do it. I've been on a intermittent slip going on 8 months now, about have gotten hit twice now. If you buy one, get a standard shift. Advice is to stay away, I hate to admit it, but go buy a Toyota.

52000 Miles. NO MORE CVT'S!!
By Wallz

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I got the car "certified used" from the local Nissan dealer in May 2015. I have had a couple issues with a check engine light saying the mass air flow sensor being slow. Shortly after that issue was fixed, the trans began to shutter at times. 28th just becoming more frequent in the last 2 days. The year has not even ended and this morning on my way to pick up tools to put my daughter's new stuff together and in the middle of an intersection the transmission stopped the car. Would not go into gear and if you put it in nuetral it is difficult to move by yourself in the rain I had to rock it back and forth to get it to move out of the intersection but BEWARE ONCE YOU GET IT MOVING IN NEUTRAL WHEN YOU STOP PUSHING MAKE SURE IT IS IN PARK OR USE THE PARKING BRAKE IT WILL ROLL OFF IN NEUTRAL WITHOUT HELP for some reason the car will barely propel itself in neutral. Found that out after he got it off the tow truck haha. Luckily it was very early on Sunday morning and I didn't have my 2 year old daughter with me. But needless to say I WILL NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER CVT TRANSMISSION CAR AGAIN. I bought the car out of necessity and not what I wanted and so I can't blame the salesman I should have been more vigilant in my decision. Won't be making that mistake again.

Just problems.
By Stephanie

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got the car. Had it about 2 3 months and started driving funny. Between the transmission, brakes, stalling, wiper's, hole in my driver side seat from not stitching. Needing an alignment and they can't align the back of the car, so now when I drive it grinds when I make a right turn. I just wish I didn't go Nissan. I'm stuck and I wish I wasn't. I got the car thinking it was going to be a smart buy and it's been nothing but a peace is [non-permissible content removed].

Can't complain
By Bruce Hornbeck

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

About to turn 50000 miles and it runs like brand new. I love my 2013 Sentra. This is my 2nd Sentra and I've had 3 Quest vans. Great reliable car.

My first real car
By Nicholaspel@hotmail.com

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Ive owned alot of clunkers. Most cars i have driven were 200,000 miles plus. Well i always like to rent a car on vacation and this was the one for grabs. On the trip the ride was smooth, no gears meant a smooth ride on the interstate. Its always adjusting. Usually in a 4 cylinder i would be at 3000 rpm on the interstate at 70. The sentra likes to hover around 1800-2000 the noise is great. I can turn down my radio amd hear myself think. Torque city driving is not sp great. The added a sport mode features which basically makes the travel distance of the pedal shorter. Faster reaction etc. its a great commuter car. Interior is easy to keep clean, i have black cloth so it can be shampood easier. Give it that new car smell every 9 months. I guess you could say i liked the car so much, i found the exact same model and color and bought it. People dont like the acceleration . Its similar to a 4 wheeler, hit the throttle and go. I drove rx7s in the past, very similar . Interstate or highway, good acceleration. I just drove it from louisiana to delaware last week which is why i am writing this review. I bought this car preowned and certified by nissan. It has been the best investment. Gas mileage is fantastic. I dont know why peoples transmissions are burning up. If you hit the gas hard it will stay in the higher rpms. If you have a heavy foot i reccomend another. This is purely a small car, low hp. Cvt will never allow it to be anything more. Strictly for cummuting and gas mileage without being in a tin can

• SUV