Used 2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

bad transmission
By Kimberly Wakefield

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

we bought are 2013 Nissan brand new. before we even replaced the brakes the tranny went. my husband was driving home from work (270 miles from our house) when the car stopped accelerating. the check eng. light came on and would only go 10 mph. he pulled into the nearest dealership only for them to give him the bad news. the tranny needed to be replaced and our warranty had expired.

Favorite Features

great exterior and interior. good on gas. roomy inside.

STALLING ISSUES
By plogan97

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

my sentra sr is stalling on me when i start my car in the morning,, i always warm it up for 10 min, and lately it has been stalling on me in reverse,,idles below 1 and makes a real weird whinning noise kinda like a old honda...when i come to a stop the idle just drops below 1 and then it dies like it ran out of gas,,electric is still on brakes dont lock up but seems to be getting worse,,going to the dealer tomorrow.

I love my car...BUT!
By nesspoopy81

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 3rd Sentra I have owned and by far my favorite! I had a 2002, 2008 & now 2013 and never had a problem with any of them until now. On my first drive in the 2013 the car turned off while I was driving. No lights nothing, just off. It turned right back on and I took it in and Nissan was great! 2 transmission updates and I was on the road again. I just hit 30,000 miles and coasted into the dealership. I need a new transmission. I don't know how long they are going to have my car but I miss it already.

Favorite Features

The drive is great, it looks very sporty and the backup camera is huge which is great when you have small kids in your neighborhood.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission issue! I am scared that the new transmission is going to die again and this time not under warranty.

A Solid Car...
By mrcarfan2014

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Reading these reviews, it seems almost like someone only does a review when there's a problem. I have had my '13 Sentra SR since around the first of January 2014 and have put 21,000 miles on it during that time. That's a lot of miles but I bought it primarily as a commuter car. I can tell you that I have had no problems, it runs and drives just like when new. Gas mileage averaged around 31 when new and started averaging 35 (about 65% highway overall). After owning 9 Nissans I've found they don't start getting their better mileage numbers until about 12-15K on the odometer. I think it would average about 3-4mpgs better if they didn't sell 10% ethanol gas where I live (North Louisiana).

Favorite Features

Navigation system is my favorite feature. It has the 3D birds-eye view, which is what I prefer. It's easy to program and it'll zoom in and out automatically. It will be easy to update when the time comes with an SD card. I like the size of this car as well. Seems bigger than most cars in this class, especially the trunk which seems huge. The ride is not quite as sporty, but still handles quite well. I get a lot of approving stares and comments about it, so I would say that it's a good-looking car. Interior is nice and has held up well considering I have 3 kids under age of 13 and gets food/drink stains a little too often.

Suggested Improvements

The engine needs Direct Injection. They can keep it 1.8 liters, just add DI. That would give it 10-15 more HP and improve the gas mileage a little. The CVT is fine with me. As I said earlier, I've had 9 Nissans and 4 of them had CVTs (although they were all paired to the VQ V6). I've gotten used to the operation of CVT's and they don't bother me. I've honestly had no problems with the car, but I've had great luck with all my Nissans (my wife's 2012 Quest had to have a seatbelt latch replaced and my '09 Maxima I used to have needed a window motor. Both fixed under warranty). I did have to replace the clutch in my 1990 300ZX but it had 180,000 miles on it... I can't think of anything else...

Brake failure
By nurse1369

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I posting on this site seeking help. I have about 16,000 -17,000 miles on my car (its in the shop now so I cant look) and my brakes completely failed while driving. I was going about 50 on a service road and my car acted as if it was going to stale. So I decided to slow down and pull into a parking lot. When I tried to apply the brake I couldn't even push the pedal down. It was as if a brick was under my break. So I turned my car off and coasted into the parking lot. Thank the Lord no one was in my way. I sat there for 15 minutes and turned my car back on. I started to drive around the parking lot and it acted fine. I took to the dealership and they stated they couldn't find anything wrong.

Favorite Features

Has anyone else had this issue?