2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
READY FOR ANOTHER RECALL
By wadhwa on 04/05/14 18:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have only 16600 Miles.The Car already has a recall for stalling problems. Looks the Dealer just raised the accelerator level since the engine makes high level transmission noise while coming down slopes. Now the ABS and traction lights has come up. Upon Dealer inspection they found the ABS connector wire is cut off. Its a skinny ABS cable which is not properly covered from end to end with some thick plastic/tape and can get cut/damage easily from any object on the road while Driving and hanging like a Cradle. Nissan should understand that ABS is a major part of the braking system and Nissan Customer Service is not helpful. They should recall the Cars for replacement of ABS connector.

Not confident with Nissan reliability
By mred72 on 03/22/14 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Had a review I previously submitted and Edmund's never posted. My SL now has close to 18,000 miles on it. Within the first 500 miles the Fuel sending Unit failed. I had to wait 2 months to get the part and I had to get Nissan Consumer Affairs involved. Good style inside and out, but poorly executed. Quality control is all over the place with Nissan; no consistency with different loaners I was given to fix other issues. CVT transmission among the worst built CVT's in the industry. Now having trouble with rear drum brakes.

Not confident with Nissan reliability
By mred72 on 02/23/14 15:08 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Not confident with reliability/would never buy Nissan again.
By mred72 on 02/19/14 14:17 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The GOOD: Interior/Exterior design and fit and finish. Ride quality excellent for highway which is what I mostly do. Stock SL sound system is ample. Voice activated Bluetooth is great! LED accents make the car look better. That's about where it ends. The BAD: CVT transmission's are just terrible in general, but Nissan JATCO's are probably the worst built out there. I wonder if mine will last. Terrible wiper design. Driver side wiper too long so it's trying to clean off too large an area that leaves a smeared mess on the passenger side. Driver wiper also is half hidden/half protrudes. Continued below...

Transmission
By dnierode on 02/08/14 09:05 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Just leased my 2013 Nissan Sentra Monday with about 10 miles on it...took it to work got home went for another drive...Tranny took a puke...about 62 miles, shot...WTF... they are being pretty good at the dealership, but I do not want that car back...

Bad Transmission
By steve122286 on 01/05/14 15:50 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in February 2013. Car has had multiple transmission problems since then. Nissan customer service has been less than helpful and does not work on Sundays, making it impossible to find a solution to getting to work on Monday.

12k Horror
By ptkchic on 11/15/13 22:52 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car back in March. It is now 8 months old with 12,000 miles on it. There is a whine coming from the rear breaks. I took the car in and they said my rear breaks are wearing and it will take at least a month before the parts come in. The gas mileage is at 20 mph and they have no idea why. When I turn the wheel left or right there is huge clunking noise. (I am told this is normal) My front brakes are wearing faster than they should. The car has been in 3 times for the rear brakes.I have to slam on the gas pedal before the brakes engage. I'm considering using the lemon law.

Love my car but...
By msl60 on 11/02/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love my sentra its the color I want the design I love and the gas economy I need. Although my car is 8 months old the transmission went out on it and is being replaced. I hope this is all I run into for quality of the build of this car. Lemon law says I have 18 months or 18,000 miles so hopefully this is the only issue with the car.... I am looking for other issues these 2013 Sentra's may have as well to have them checked out before it happens .. I did see the stalling issue which I shall address at the dealership.

So far so good
By prodigy1 on 10/10/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have a 2013 sentr sr with 600 miles. So far everything seems fine. A couple of things I've noticed is the cvt transmission takes a lot to get use to. It's either slowing down or speeding up. It just took time to get the feel for it and learn the cvt. the Mpg's are okay. I drive about 8 miles a day and I'm getting 250 miles a tank. I'm sure on the highway I'll get the full 350-400 miles my wife's gets. The performance is blah which is to be suspected, it's not a sports car. I like it for what it is. I liked it more then the corolla I test drove and more then the civic. You get more bang for the buck with the Sentra in my opinion. I will update later.

Be Careful, known stalling issue
By ramets5 on 10/09/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 has a known stalling issue that the Corporation is having trouble solving. The Power steering and Power brakes go out when it stalls, which basically makes the car an Olympic Toboggan if it stalls. When I returned it to the Dealer, they begged the Corporate Office to give us a rental car while they tried to figure out the problem. Nissan Corporate would not call me back (even though the Dealer supported the claim completely). The car was in the garage for 9 days. Corporate kept telling me the claim was in "elevated status" and I would receive a call the next day. They never called, and the Dealer would not return the car due to the known Safety Issue. We got it back on day 10.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Sentra Sedan in WA is:

$212 per month*