2013 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
STALLING ISSUES
By plogan97 on 10/09/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

my sentra sr is stalling on me when i start my car in the morning,, i always warm it up for 10 min, and lately it has been stalling on me in reverse,,idles below 1 and makes a real weird whinning noise kinda like a old honda...when i come to a stop the idle just drops below 1 and then it dies like it ran out of gas,,electric is still on brakes dont lock up but seems to be getting worse,,going to the dealer tomorrow.

I love my car...BUT!
By nesspoopy81 on 09/08/14 05:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 3rd Sentra I have owned and by far my favorite! I had a 2002, 2008 & now 2013 and never had a problem with any of them until now. On my first drive in the 2013 the car turned off while I was driving. No lights nothing, just off. It turned right back on and I took it in and Nissan was great! 2 transmission updates and I was on the road again. I just hit 30,000 miles and coasted into the dealership. I need a new transmission. I don't know how long they are going to have my car but I miss it already.

A Solid Car...
By mrcarfan2014 on 08/21/14 09:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Reading these reviews, it seems almost like someone only does a review when there's a problem. I have had my '13 Sentra SR since around the first of January 2014 and have put 21,000 miles on it during that time. That's a lot of miles but I bought it primarily as a commuter car. I can tell you that I have had no problems, it runs and drives just like when new. Gas mileage averaged around 31 when new and started averaging 35 (about 65% highway overall). After owning 9 Nissans I've found they don't start getting their better mileage numbers until about 12-15K on the odometer. I think it would average about 3-4mpgs better if they didn't sell 10% ethanol gas where I live (North Louisiana).

Brake failure
By nurse1369 on 06/19/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I posting on this site seeking help. I have about 16,000 -17,000 miles on my car (its in the shop now so I cant look) and my brakes completely failed while driving. I was going about 50 on a service road and my car acted as if it was going to stale. So I decided to slow down and pull into a parking lot. When I tried to apply the brake I couldn't even push the pedal down. It was as if a brick was under my break. So I turned my car off and coasted into the parking lot. Thank the Lord no one was in my way. I sat there for 15 minutes and turned my car back on. I started to drive around the parking lot and it acted fine. I took to the dealership and they stated they couldn't find anything wrong.

I'm getting a little scared...
By cori1 on 06/16/14 08:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Sentra SL- At 2837 miles, The car went completely dead- electric system shut down. It was in my garage so no safety issue- Had the car towed. Local dealership said it was an internal failure in the IPDM. After 4 days and replacing this, car ran fine. Nissan paid for a 3 day rental. It happened again last night- approx. 11,000 miles- dead as a doornail. Spent the morning waiting on a tow, setting up a rental car, etc. Waiting to hear from the dealer. Nissan has promised a 3 day rental but COME ON GUYS! I'm a single Mom- no one to help me get to work- no work, no pay! I thought I was getting a RELIABLE car- AM I GOING TO BE ON THE NIGHTLY NEWS like the GM DRIVERS? I'M SCARED!!

Not Satisfied
By 1srac on 06/06/14 17:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my Nissan Sentra Dec of 2012. A week later i took it back cause the rubber seal around the front window came off. Took it to go looked at cause i can never get my music to bluetooth. took it back again cause while driving it, it felt like it was going to bog out and die. (Friend drove my car and freaked out) they couldn't re create it! took it back again for a sensor re call in the passenger seat that linked to the air bags not deploying!! Got that fixed. Then took it back, cause i was driving it home and the car lost all power and would not go past 2000 RPM.(Couldnt find anything wrong) Ran out of space for everythingOverall I dont like the car. Gonna get me something else here soon.

Nice Car
By happyinnj on 05/19/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra FE+ SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a nice car. I've been reading the other reviews about the brakes, and I found out, almost accidently, that the rear brakes were recalled. They were fixed in less than an hour. The brake pedal does travel a bit more than normal, but we got used to it Generally, it's a nice car and gets very good gas milage. I average about 32 mpg, and that's a combination of city and highway mileage. The car is very roomy inside. 5 adults fit very comfortably, and the ride is smooth and not too noisy

READY FOR ANOTHER RECALL
By wadhwa on 04/05/14 18:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have only 16600 Miles.The Car already has a recall for stalling problems. Looks the Dealer just raised the accelerator level since the engine makes high level transmission noise while coming down slopes. Now the ABS and traction lights has come up. Upon Dealer inspection they found the ABS connector wire is cut off. Its a skinny ABS cable which is not properly covered from end to end with some thick plastic/tape and can get cut/damage easily from any object on the road while Driving and hanging like a Cradle. Nissan should understand that ABS is a major part of the braking system and Nissan Customer Service is not helpful. They should recall the Cars for replacement of ABS connector.

Not confident with Nissan reliability
By mred72 on 03/22/14 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Had a review I previously submitted and Edmund's never posted. My SL now has close to 18,000 miles on it. Within the first 500 miles the Fuel sending Unit failed. I had to wait 2 months to get the part and I had to get Nissan Consumer Affairs involved. Good style inside and out, but poorly executed. Quality control is all over the place with Nissan; no consistency with different loaners I was given to fix other issues. CVT transmission among the worst built CVT's in the industry. Now having trouble with rear drum brakes.

Not confident with Nissan reliability
By mred72 on 02/23/14 15:08 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Sentra in VA is:

$169 per month*