No need for a key
By sentra2012 on
2012 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I was hoping for better fuel economy but I live in a very hilly and mountain area of the northwest and I am getting 24 to 29 mpg. The 29 mpg was achieved with more expressway driving, less hill driving, limited air condition use and a thought of how to maximize fuel economy at all times (smooth breaking, cruise control, smooth acceleration). Other than that the car is perfect for people that are fat, commuters, couples, green philosophy and an affordable car.
Favorite Features
My favorite item on the car is that I do not need a key. I just press a button on the handle and the door opens. I do not need the key to start the car either. I was thinking that the key fob makes it tough to look the keys in the car. My next favorite is the blue tooth hands free device for the cell phone. I can voice dial and search for numbers. I have my IPod hooked up to the car and I never listen to the radio. I do not need satellite radio either with the IPod supplying the music.
Suggested Improvements
Only thing about the car that I am concerned with at this point is the braking system. I do not know if the brakes are getting hot and sticking or dragging. But, the braking is not always smooth. I do have to pay more attention to this to see if it is hot brakes or some other problem. Because I ease off the brakes and the brakes still want to lock up. Maybe it is just a new car and the brakes are adjusting still. But, it is a concern of mine. I drove other sentras in other states and at different times and the problem was on those vehicles too. Maybe it is new brakes. I am a big guy and I fit comfortably in the car with my knees. But my elbows do not rest on the armrest, so I bought a small pillow give height to the arm rest and it works well and more comfortable. I did notice some road noise that I thought was very loud. But, I got an undercoat to protect from rust and the road noise is less and at a nice level.
By sentra2012
on 02/04/12 12:28 PM (PST)

This is an update on this comment. I drove across country in my Nissan Sentra 2012, in November. I went down the west coast to california across the middle of the country using 70 and 80 interstate highways. I went over the Rocky Mountains and Siera Mountrains no problem (The car was fully loaded with the back seat full and trunk too). In seven months I have put on about 13800 miles on the car. I have had no mechanical problems and the brake system(I guess just needed time to adjust because they work fine now). I just went through some winter snow driving awesome in the snow. Where other trucks, suvs and cars were stuck, I kept on driving.