2012 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: I think I got a bad one

2012 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

I think I got a bad one
By randis623 on

2012 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I loved the car when I first got it on 1/31/2012. It did perfect at first, did the "clunk" at 25 - 30 mph and was told it was normal for the car. But it wasnt long before I started to notice little things and some big that were going wrong and I babied this car. About 5 months into ownership the window regulator failed and had to be replaced. A month or so later I started to notice a lot of clunking when I would back up, not cv joint type noise, but more like a series of little clunks. The driver side door and hood seemed to be poorly aligned as the door scraped the paint off the running board and the hood had a major gap on one side. The last straw was the failure of the A/C. I traded it.

the car was cute and well styled. didnt have a lot of bells and whistles but it was good with the price. I really did like the car and planned to keep it for a long while. I just think I got a bad one.

I think nissan could put a little more effort in making the lower priced nissans: the sentra and the versa. I traded my 2012 sentra for a 2013 altima and the ride and drive are 2 completely different worlds. Like comparing a pinto and a BMW. Also think they could improve of the seat belts. One of the back seat belts, the plastic part where the metal clicks into, cracked all by itself. Didnt give me the confidence that it would keep my babies safe in an accident.