Used 2012 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

got horrible gas mileage!!!!
By chevypat83

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got my certified pre own sentra just 4 mounths ago and hate it now! I traded in my 2002 pt cruiser for ths becase it was newer and had all the options(except leather and auto dimming mirror)but I just drive it back and forth to work and I only live like 7 miles from work and the past few mouths ive gotten 18mpg or less! and the comfort is horrable too wish never traded my pt!

Saving $$$ on gas!
By srmom

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My previous car was an 03 Xterra and had it for ten years. Nissans quality of cars have never been less than excellent for our family. With my commute that went from 24 to 80 miles a day, I wanted something smaller and better on gas. After a trip to Puerto Rico this past summer, we rented a sentra and that's when I fell in love. I've put only 100 miles on my new SR but absolutely love the ride and comfort!

The iPod auxiliary because my old Xterra did not have it, the exterior temp, the auto lock and unlocking, the sport look with the rear spoiler, splash guards and the honeycomb grill. This mom likes to look fast in her car without burning gas!

As of right now I have no suggestions. I could not afford the technology package but I'm content with what I have. Everything I need and small standard features that I never had before.

Great car!
By lissical

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just recently purchased the 2012 Nissan Sentra SR Special Edition and I love it!
It is so quiet and the gas mileage is incredible.
Plus, for a small car it is actually pretty roomy.
I was very impressed with the price, especially since this package comes with bluetooth phone, GPS navigation, moonroof and XM radio (only for 3 months...then you can either subscribe or cancel).
I must admit that I had to get used to the CVT since my previous cars did not have that.
But all in all, this is a great car!

The smooth ride, how quiet the car is and the GPS system.

The only thing I can think of is that weird thump when you hit 30mph. I know that it's the ABS warming up, but it still feels odd.

Bad Stereo
By smoeller

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new Nissan Sentra special edition. I bought this over the Altima because of the navigation.. Bad mistake, the stereo sucks and NEVER get reception. I can't depend on the FM to receive any service if I am 10 minutes out of the City. I am now looking at replacing it and it is going to cost me 1500.00 to get a stereo with navigation.
Wish I would have bought the Chrysler 200 with streaming video and a great sound system.

Love the size and especially love the gas mileage.. First Nissan I've ever owned and really do love everything about it except the sound system.

Please put better stereos in the car.. I will buy Nissan again if they improve the stereo and an arm rest for the driver.

People Need Retraining
By badrobot

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I only heard one or two reviewers mention this car was a good value.
The cars CVT takes some getting used to because it accelerates in a linear manner but overall this is a very well built car.
I have owned Scion and Honda's and this car's power is just as good as a Honda and much better than a Scion.
I have also owned a Kia and have had friends who own Hyundai. They are good cars until you get into a collision in them.
Then they will sit in the auto body shop for at least a month while you wait for replacement parts to come from Korea.
I bought a SR Special Edition Model for under 16.5K.
There are none of the competitors than can match the options and accessories for this Price!

The Navigation system. Bluetooth. Ipod connectivity. Moonroof. Xm Navtraffic. Alloy Wheels

Stereo speakers need to be better. I had the 6x9's on the rear deck and on the doors replaced with Sony 6x9s from wmart for 54 per pair and they sound light years better than the low quality speakers in the car. The car needs a sport mode button to keep the engine rpm at a higher level for sport style driving. Nissan and all car makers should offer HID headlights and foglights as an option. Anyone can buy these for 35 per pair so it should not be too hard for them to offer these as options. We are in the 21st Century. Replace the remaining interior/exterior lamps with LEDs.