Used 2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love this car.
By Molly

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I traded in my 2000 Ford Focus for this Sentra. I bought it at 85,000 miles, which was scary at first. However, I received a lifetime warranty and a great deal for it. I've put 12,000 miles on it in 7 months, and it still drives beautifully. $20 gets me 415 miles, and even with commuting a lot for school and work, I fill up every week and a half. The car handles wonderfully. Very smooth. Even after so many miles being put on the car,I've never had any issues with it.
A month after buying, I actually T-boned another car. The only damage was my bumper being ripped off. Nothing under the hood was damaged.
Extremely reliable, safe car. Great mileage and I feel secure in it. I was always a Ford girl, but this car changed my mind for life.

Don't buy this car!
By G. Loya

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car 1 year ago with 60k miles. I was expecting to have this car without problems for a while. After six months the car went into safe fail mode not wanting to accelerate at all. I took it to the dealer and they told me it needed a new transmission plus a transmission cooler. The transmission over heating causes it to damage the transmission. The car goes in safe mode when the transmission gets over heated making it very dangerous if you are driving in the freeway and suddenly you loose all power. The dealer said the warranty expires at 60k miles. Nissan knows of this defect. 2013 and up comes with a transmission warranty extension of 120k. It also extended the warranty for 2010 models. 2011 and 2012 warranty were not extended! Never buying a Nissan again!

CVT in 2012 Nissan Sentra (Texas)
By John Winters

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra, n the transmission went out @ 74K miles.
I know face a $3500 cost for a vehicle with a fair market value of $7K.
Then, after a repair, the warranty is only for 12 mos., 12K miles.
Nissan is well, well aware of this inferior product.
The AC has also gone out.

ugh
By sauscake

this car breaks down like every month i DONT UNDERSTAND

CLUNK! CLUNK! POP! POP!
By wanda

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra about 6 weeks ago. Owned several vehicles and this is by far the worst of the worst. Never had bought a Nissan but will never buy another. This vehicle pops on right turns and braking & after turning and straightening the wheel and evidently there are several Nissans that has this as an issue. As I understand there are no recalls and Nissan has not addressed this issue. Will get it checked out with a mechanic on Monday. Hope to get the issue resolved since it is hard to trade with so recent of a purchase.