2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
30 MPG town and 35-36 MPG Highway (under 75mph)
By fburns on 04/29/14 17:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, clean, a little to high of a coefficient of drag. Wife and I hypermill and can get the CVT to get us 30 MPG town and 35-36 MPG Highway (under 75 mph). If you drive like a 16 year old boy in heat, the CVT will keep you in the power band and use up a lot of gas, its true. If you drive smartly, it serves you well. Great handling/excellent lateral g for a car of its class (2.0 S model). Look, standing acceleration from stop (0-60mph) is poor; however, passing acceleration (60-80mph) can't be beat since it has high torque and the CVT revs it to 6500RPM. If you really need to get going, put it in Low until you reach 30mph, it will improve the start 0-60, but not usually recommended.

got horrible gas mileage!!!!
By chevypat83 on 01/16/14 08:38 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got my certified pre own sentra just 4 mounths ago and hate it now! I traded in my 2002 pt cruiser for ths becase it was newer and had all the options(except leather and auto dimming mirror)but I just drive it back and forth to work and I only live like 7 miles from work and the past few mouths ive gotten 18mpg or less! and the comfort is horrable too wish never traded my pt!

I think I got a bad one
By randis623 on 08/10/13 01:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I loved the car when I first got it on 1/31/2012. It did perfect at first, did the "clunk" at 25 - 30 mph and was told it was normal for the car. But it wasnt long before I started to notice little things and some big that were going wrong and I babied this car. About 5 months into ownership the window regulator failed and had to be replaced. A month or so later I started to notice a lot of clunking when I would back up, not cv joint type noise, but more like a series of little clunks. The driver side door and hood seemed to be poorly aligned as the door scraped the paint off the running board and the hood had a major gap on one side. The last straw was the failure of the A/C. I traded it.

2012 Nissan Sentra S (Auto)
By gary01 on 12/29/12 15:03 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great car for cheap money. The car feels solid and is very quiet. The car handles great with a smooth ride. The only downside is gas mileage, I get between 24 and 28 mpg. I got the same mileage with my V6 Honda Accord. I expected better mileage with a 4 cyl. engine.

Saving $$$ on gas!
By srmom on 12/02/12 07:55 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My previous car was an 03 Xterra and had it for ten years. Nissans quality of cars have never been less than excellent for our family. With my commute that went from 24 to 80 miles a day, I wanted something smaller and better on gas. After a trip to Puerto Rico this past summer, we rented a sentra and that's when I fell in love. I've put only 100 miles on my new SR but absolutely love the ride and comfort!

Great car!
By lissical on 08/15/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just recently purchased the 2012 Nissan Sentra SR Special Edition and I love it! It is so quiet and the gas mileage is incredible. Plus, for a small car it is actually pretty roomy. I was very impressed with the price, especially since this package comes with bluetooth phone, GPS navigation, moonroof and XM radio (only for 3 months...then you can either subscribe or cancel). I must admit that I had to get used to the CVT since my previous cars did not have that. But all in all, this is a great car!

Bad Stereo
By smoeller on 07/11/12 05:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new Nissan Sentra special edition. I bought this over the Altima because of the navigation.. Bad mistake, the stereo sucks and NEVER get reception. I can't depend on the FM to receive any service if I am 10 minutes out of the City. I am now looking at replacing it and it is going to cost me 1500.00 to get a stereo with navigation. Wish I would have bought the Chrysler 200 with streaming video and a great sound system.

People Need Retraining
By badrobot on 07/08/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I only heard one or two reviewers mention this car was a good value. The cars CVT takes some getting used to because it accelerates in a linear manner but overall this is a very well built car. I have owned Scion and Honda's and this car's power is just as good as a Honda and much better than a Scion. I have also owned a Kia and have had friends who own Hyundai. They are good cars until you get into a collision in them. Then they will sit in the auto body shop for at least a month while you wait for replacement parts to come from Korea. I bought a SR Special Edition Model for under 16.5K. There are none of the competitors than can match the options and accessories for this Price!

Sentra Suprise
By 350zmarty on 07/06/12 15:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased a 2012 Nissan Sentra, and ..... I was pleasently surprised on how solid this car really is. It is super quiet, very peppy, and saves me at the pump. I purchased the Sr model with the value package. So I was able to get a sporty car, with sunroof, navigation, nice looking wheels, for only 17,900. I just put 250 miles on only 1/2 a tank, my 2006 Mustang Gt, would have been on less than a 1/8th of a tank at this point.

Edmund's Review is WAYYYY off the Mark! AMAZING CAR!
By nissancvt on 05/27/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got a Sentra SR Special Edition (GPS, Bluetooth, Sunroof). The review that Edmunds gave this car was completely wrong. First of all, this car drives COMPLETELY Quiet and Serene. It's quiet and the Nissan CVT Transmission (Best transmission on the planet, hands down) was smooth and made no "groaning" noise at all and was serene. The reviews are correct that it does make a "clunk" sound at 30 MPH, but this only happens once when it's warming up because it's and ABS system check. Honestly this is the nicest car I've even driven, the interior is well designed and comfortable, it's very roomy in the front and back, and the MPG is great, 29 MPG overall. Way nicer than Honda and Toyota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$165 per month*