Used 2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Fun little car
By scottyb1234

2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in early 2012 and now have about 27k miles on it. It's in Super Black with the optional upgrade package. I was looking for a fun, quick compact sedan w/ a manual transmission and some bells and whistles (navigation system, moonroof, etc). The car feels like a go-cart going around turns and I always feel like I am in complete control. Overall, it's a great value for the performance when compared to other similar vehicles and I am very happy so far. I use the vehicle as a daily driver (~20mi highway commute to work) and have driven it across the country twice w/o incident.

The 2.5L engine is plenty peppy when I need it to be, but for average daily driving, I can keep it under 3000-3500rpm and get >30mpg. I thought I would hate the shifter being up on the console like it is, however for me, this turned out to be a much more natural position and I have come to appreciate it. I also love the look of the exterior/interior. The contrast stitching and SE-R logos on the seats are a nice touch. The 8-speaker RF audio system is more built for sound 'quantity' than quality, but it is still better than a vanilla system and comes with a very easy-to-use I-pod interface.

Most of my complaints about the car have to do with the trunk. First, there is no keyhole on the trunk exterior and no trunk-popping button the the key fob. This means the only way to open the trunk is to pull the latch by the driver's seat, which gets really annoying when you're carrying heavy things/groceries, etc. Also, the suspension x-brace behind the rear seats prevents them from folding forward, limiting cargo capacity. The transmission and engine are not paired well. For a sporty transmission, the shifter is quasi-sloppy, has really long throws and doesn't feel as crisp as I would like.

You won't catch your granny in THIS one!
By brnxmike4

2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great car. Fun to drive. Abundant acceleration. Sharp handling. I've embarrassed plenty of supposedly "better" cars at the stoplight, including the Acura Tsx, and Audi A4 1.8T. The rear seats don't fold in due to the trunk mounted V- brace, but this is a driver-oriented car so that shouldn't matter to the intended market. If you plan on driving in the snow at all, you'll need to buy some all season tires, as the stock summer tires won't do much in the snow.

Oil pressure and lateral g-force gauges add to the driving experience. Dash mounted shifter makes for quick hand movement between the shifter and the steering wheel.

Shifter is a bit on the rough side. This car would look better with HID lights. The rear torsion beam suspension isnt as advanced as other cars in the class.