2011 Sentra SR CVT 50K miles
By rook119 on
2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
My gf and I bought this car for her. She had originally bought a 2011 Corolla (mother of god that was an awful hateful machine) but someone totalled it (thankfully). So instead we got this. It was inexpensive (17.5K loaded) and didn't look as appliance-y as say a civic or corolla. Its nothing great but it does it job, its relatively reliable, has a good resale value, looks pretty good and has an insane amount of space. Just don't be fooled by those 27/34mpg numbers because you are getting far less. Verdict: The car does its job. I'd say because of the high resale value you are better off just buying a new Sentra if you find yourself wanting one though.
Favorite Features
Pros: well for a compact its huge on the inside and can fit 4 comfortably. The car accelerates pretty well for me and despite the complaints for me the CVT is fine. The seats are soft but comfortable. The suspension is spongy but also comfortable (it does affect the manuervability but no one is taking this car to the track or anything). The Stereo is excellent and the buttons are all easy to use. Has aux and Ipod jacks. Compared to other Japanese compacts (civic, corolla) it looks good.
Suggested Improvements
Cons: MPG is an absolute joke. I drive predominately flat roads and the MPG just plummets once you go over 55 (I also have a Saturn Astra mpg is 31 at 55 and 30-31 at 65). You get around 25-28 if you drive the speed limit at 65-70. Made in Mexico (50% Japanese parts) - now Mexicans need jerbs too but it would be nice to know that something costing 17+K was assembled by at least a few people making a livable wage. In the interior there are cheap plastics all over the place. The factory Firestone tires are garbage and 2 of them bubbled at the 20K mark.
By cobalt_08
on 07/26/14 21:14 PM (PDT)

It's ridiculous how much of a difference in MPG there is between 55 and 60 mph. At 55, I can easily get 39/40 mpg, yet if I drive 60 mph, my fuel economy drops to 25-28 mpg. I drive like there's an egg underneath my gas pedal at all times, and I can achieve the 27 mpg city rating, but it takes WAY too much effort to do so...