overall a great value for a decent commuter car
By onehappydogstl on
2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
My dealer sells both Honda and Nissan, so cross-shopping and test drives were easy to execute. I feel many professional car reviewers do not give this car the credit it deserves. Personally, the Civic ride is too firm, the roof line makes getting in and out without ducking impossible, and the engine and tranny are no quieter under throttle. I do agree the Sentra is not cutting edge in either interior or exterior design, but it is still attractive. I suspect younger people will only appreciate the SE-R versions.
Favorite Features
I especially like suspension on the SL - no drama; perfect for commuting in my opinion. I did not want a sports car ride for a daily driver. The interior is familiar with most controls logically laid out, and interior noise levels at highway speed quiet. My real-world average mpg thus far is 29-30 which is more the satisfying after mixed city and highway driving.
Suggested Improvements
I think the seats are very comfortable, but I would like a bit more lateral support. The paint on all modern cars seems to be a bit thin and orange peel is visible at an angle.