Nissan Sentra 2.0
By cobalt_08 on
2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
With ever increasing gas prices, my old Cobalt (29 mpg highway) was getting expensive at the pump. After browsing a bit, I found a base-model 2011 Sentra w/ CVT at my Nissan dealership. Completely void of anything except the basic necessities, an affordable price with very low mileage, I bought it after a test-drive. Like all of you, I have places to go, people to see, and with a 34 mpg highway rating, I would save a bit on gas. *Sigh* The one place I wanted to avoid is now my most popular destination: The Pump. No matter what I do, this car can't get above 27mpg on the highway. I've tried all manners of tests to improve gas mileage, to no avail.
Favorite Features
The interior is pretty spacious, if outdated. The seat's are quite comfy, but rear passenger room is limited. The 2.0 liter 4 cyclinder engine provides adequate acceleration, but is quite noisy when cold or under heavy throttle. Rear spoiler helps with parking, air vents are big, the passenger glove compartment is ridiculously deep! Handles like a dream around town, a CVT has no gears so the ride is always smooth. The car also feels solid.
Suggested Improvements
What's up with the horrible gas mileage? Whether I drive like a slow-poke or ''free-spirited'' the gas mileage remains low. After doing a bit of research, I found out I wasn't the only Sentra owner with terrible fuel economy issues. I get better mileage with an older V6... I rated the Fun-to-Drive category at 1, since I spend more time parked next to a fuel pump than on the road.
By rook119
on 07/20/14 06:57 AM (PDT)

Its a good car but that 27/34mpg is a scam. Ford and Hyundai got heavily fined for false numbers and I'm not sure Nissan is getting away with it.