Used 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2011 Sentra SR CVT 50K miles
By rook119

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My gf and I bought this car for her. She had originally bought a 2011 Corolla (mother of god that was an awful hateful machine) but someone totalled it (thankfully). So instead we got this. It was inexpensive (17.5K loaded) and didn't look as appliance-y as say a civic or corolla. Its nothing great but it does it job, its relatively reliable, has a good resale value, looks pretty good and has an insane amount of space. Just don't be fooled by those 27/34mpg numbers because you are getting far less. Verdict: The car does its job. I'd say because of the high resale value you are better off just buying a new Sentra if you find yourself wanting one though.

Favorite Features

Pros: well for a compact its huge on the inside and can fit 4 comfortably. The car accelerates pretty well for me and despite the complaints for me the CVT is fine. The seats are soft but comfortable. The suspension is spongy but also comfortable (it does affect the manuervability but no one is taking this car to the track or anything). The Stereo is excellent and the buttons are all easy to use. Has aux and Ipod jacks. Compared to other Japanese compacts (civic, corolla) it looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Cons: MPG is an absolute joke. I drive predominately flat roads and the MPG just plummets once you go over 55 (I also have a Saturn Astra mpg is 31 at 55 and 30-31 at 65). You get around 25-28 if you drive the speed limit at 65-70. Made in Mexico (50% Japanese parts) - now Mexicans need jerbs too but it would be nice to know that something costing 17+K was assembled by at least a few people making a livable wage. In the interior there are cheap plastics all over the place. The factory Firestone tires are garbage and 2 of them bubbled at the 20K mark.

After one year with our 2011 SR
By bridgecross

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 20 years owning various Hondas, we test drove nearly everything in this class/price range, and nothing even came close. This has a smoother ride than the Civic, better handling (by far!) than the Corolla, and is roomier than all others. So roomy, in fact, that the EPA classifies it as a mid-size sedan. With the larger tires on the SR model it feels as though you're driving a much bigger vehicle, and I've noticed that I'm sitting ABOVE Altima drivers! The styling is not as frumpy as some reviewers say, it seems to look different from various angles. From the front it's positively sleek. Next to it, the new Toyotas and Hondas look dull. We have no regrets.

Favorite Features

Interior space, accelleration, dash layout, back seat comfort, and styling (SR).

Suggested Improvements

A bit more trunk space, the iPod interface is dreadful, and the "Panic Button" on the key fob is so easy to press that the alarm goes off every time your keys shift in your pocket. There should be a way to disable that panic feature.

Great car at a great price
By laurie16

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We recently purchased a 2011 Nissan Sentra SR and we are very pleased with the car. It is fun to drive, has all the safety features we wanted, and our son's booster seat fits securely in the back seat. This car is by far the best we've ever owned.

Favorite Features

This car is easy to drive and fun to drive. I appreciate all the safety features, such as the side curtain airbags, ABS and traction control.

Great Buy
By James

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Very happy so far - have had 3 days and put 200 miles on it. Roomiest and most comfortable car in its class and I am 6'5". Great build quality and features. I love the CVT, though I am still adjusting to. I just filled it up and the the car said 33.8 MPG in combined driving - I calculated 39.8!! I got a great deal, but it did take some back and forth. Also looked at Mazda 3 - no pep/road noise, Ford Focus and Fusion - cheap looking interiors and the Versa. Versa very roomy, but definitely not in the same class.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, build, room, pep, quiet/smooth ride, huge trunk. A lot of fun to drive! I would buy again and recommend. I think it is better than the Altima. Car will virtually cost me nothing to own figuring in the depreciation of my trade and increased mileage over next three years.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked remote entry on base model. Also remote entry does not include trunk. Alarm sounds if you just open the trunk with key without unlocking doors - may be me not figuring it out yet. A 100,000 mile warranty would be great.

Bad Sentra 2011 2.0 SR type
By borinken

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a Nissan Sentra On October 31, 2010. As I am driving the vehicle in less than 20 miles p/hr I could hear a jurking sound from the engine compartment. I took it to the dealership, 5 times in less than a week, nobody could detect anything. I had no choice to downgrade a brand new Nissan Sentra 2011 to a 2010 Model. The funny part is that Nissan states in the Owners Manual that same situation. Apparently, its a ABS system doing a "self check". Funny how they sell vehicles that are not fully secure, yet the dealership did not want to cancel the contract. I will never buy a Nissan again.

Favorite Features

Style is nice, but safety is first

Suggested Improvements

Open an investigation about such problem and makes sure that vehicle is reliable. I regret buying a Brand New vehicle, from the Show room, the color was nice Metallic Blue. Now I have a black one.