2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Nissan Sentra 2.0
By cobalt_08 on 04/29/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

With ever increasing gas prices, my old Cobalt (29 mpg highway) was getting expensive at the pump. After browsing a bit, I found a base-model 2011 Sentra w/ CVT at my Nissan dealership. Completely void of anything except the basic necessities, an affordable price with very low mileage, I bought it after a test-drive. Like all of you, I have places to go, people to see, and with a 34 mpg highway rating, I would save a bit on gas. *Sigh* The one place I wanted to avoid is now my most popular destination: The Pump. No matter what I do, this car can't get above 27mpg on the highway. I've tried all manners of tests to improve gas mileage, to no avail.

Nissan Sentra 2.0S
By versa_2013 on 11/10/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with only 1500 miles on it. In three weeks I'm now at 2860 miles and have a good idea what to expect from this car. The ride is VERY smooth. The Sentra's 2.0L engine/CVT combination delivers more than enough power for everyday driving. The cabin is spacious upfront but tight in the back, and well isolated from engine/road noise. Steering is on the stiff side at low speeds. Brake pedal is very responsive. Barely any body roll in any situation. The CVT is surprisingly responsive and smooth, but is very sensitive to throttle. I've been averaging 32.5 mpg overall in Winter driving conditions (Northern Canada.)

Liked it better than the Corolla
By drivedrove on 01/15/12 18:10 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I recently drove a Sentra and a Corolla back to back, for a week each, and I prefer the Sentra. You ride up higher in the Sentra, and the cabin feels roomier. The CVT has plenty of power to get up to speed and pass on the highway and feels smooth and responsive. The cabin is quiet going around town, but fairly noisy on the highway, and opening the trunk seems awkward. Overall, though, I was impressed.

I love my Sentra SL!
By jhdubb on 10/15/11 16:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have read numerous reviews from the experts about this car and there are not a lot of positive reviews about the Sentra. Many of the experts have commented on the bland exterior design and I do not agree. I think the SL with the spoiler; alloy rims; mud guards and tinted windows make this baby pop. I realize that we all have different opinions but don't let the reviews from the experts divert you from the Sentra. It's a great looking car. My family loves it. Our other car is a VW GTI. Even my 16 year old son loves this car. I get compliments on it all the time. I drove the corolla; the hyundai elantra; the civic; and the focus and the sentra is a better looking car!

After one year with our 2011 SR
By bridgecross on 10/14/11 10:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 20 years owning various Hondas, we test drove nearly everything in this class/price range, and nothing even came close. This has a smoother ride than the Civic, better handling (by far!) than the Corolla, and is roomier than all others. So roomy, in fact, that the EPA classifies it as a mid-size sedan. With the larger tires on the SR model it feels as though you're driving a much bigger vehicle, and I've noticed that I'm sitting ABOVE Altima drivers! The styling is not as frumpy as some reviewers say, it seems to look different from various angles. From the front it's positively sleek. Next to it, the new Toyotas and Hondas look dull. We have no regrets.

Love the 6 speed stick
By peachydad on 08/27/11 04:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought base 6 speed Sentra. Got great deal, paid about $16,000. comfortable, quiet, solid, good ride quality. Drove both CVT and stick, didn't like the disconnected feel of CVT, have always preferred manuals. Just wish the manual came with more of the upscale goodies on the higher end Sentras. Have to separately buy a key fob online. Surprising amount of interior room for size of the car. Trust Nissan to build quality cars, owned Titan bought in first year of production and never let me down until it was totaled by distracted driver texting, truck saved my family's life.

Very pleased
By sgilbert on 06/18/11 22:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have about 2200 miles on it. Have been very impressed with thoughtful design (large trunk, ample rear seat room, large glove box). Seats are comfortable. I really like the tight, solid body, with no squeaks or rattles. Excellent gas mileage (38-39 mpg on highway at 65-70 mph). No wind noise, and quiet on the highway. Excellent build quality - doors have a quality "thunk" on closing. Nice dash lighting. I enjoy the trip computer, but wish it had a compass. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to, but it's OK. Ride is firm (reviewers say "harsh" over bumps, but I don't find it objectionable. All in all, a quality product I'd recommend.

Not good as expected
By stevenzhuli on 05/22/11 10:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Like CVT acceleration, smooth. but not as expected as a new car feeling. especially low speed, don feel smooth move. Dealer said ABS is working. But I should not feel that thing is working.

Great car at a great price
By laurie16 on 03/30/11 06:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We recently purchased a 2011 Nissan Sentra SR and we are very pleased with the car. It is fun to drive, has all the safety features we wanted, and our son's booster seat fits securely in the back seat. This car is by far the best we've ever owned.

overall a great value for a decent commuter car
By onehappydogstl on 03/29/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My dealer sells both Honda and Nissan, so cross-shopping and test drives were easy to execute. I feel many professional car reviewers do not give this car the credit it deserves. Personally, the Civic ride is too firm, the roof line makes getting in and out without ducking impossible, and the engine and tranny are no quieter under throttle. I do agree the Sentra is not cutting edge in either interior or exterior design, but it is still attractive. I suspect younger people will only appreciate the SE-R versions.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*