Used 2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Does its job well so far
By chang

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I owned the 2011 Sentra S since 2011, it has never experienced any big issues . Had bad battery right before warranty expired during regular oil change in Nissan service dealer . They were nice to find the issue with free replacement and new battery warranty on it. I love the European suspection but Japanese car reliability .

There was a issue with break noise right before 30K then I did break oil change at Sears . After that , the noise gone ( manual suggests do brake oil change every 30K ) ; I am giving the car to my daughter now for her college life.We will keep it as long as we can.

Sentra's overall wins
By Cheri

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car has clean lines and has smooth excelleration , very quiet ride and is comfortable as well. Love the great gas mileage!!

"Blackie"
By Fred Gough

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This 2011 Jet Black Nissan Sentra SR sedan is just short of a new vehicle. "Blackie", has 68,000 miles on it and is very dependable. "Blackie" gets 28 mpg
in the city and 34 mpg on the hwy. We have kept a very regular maintenance on this vehicle. We bought "Blackie" brand new, it had only 18 miles on the
odometer in 2011.

2011 Sentra SR CVT 50K miles
By rook119

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My gf and I bought this car for her. She had originally bought a 2011 Corolla (mother of god that was an awful hateful machine) but someone totalled it (thankfully). So instead we got this. It was inexpensive (17.5K loaded) and didn't look as appliance-y as say a civic or corolla.

Its nothing great but it does it job, its relatively reliable, has a good resale value, looks pretty good and has an insane amount of space. Just don't be fooled by those 27/34mpg numbers because you are getting far less.

Verdict: The car does its job. I'd say because of the high resale value you are better off just buying a new Sentra if you find yourself wanting one though.

Pros: well for a compact its huge on the inside and can fit 4 comfortably. The car accelerates pretty well for me and despite the complaints for me the CVT is fine. The seats are soft but comfortable. The suspension is spongy but also comfortable (it does affect the manuervability but no one is taking this car to the track or anything). The Stereo is excellent and the buttons are all easy to use. Has aux and Ipod jacks. Compared to other Japanese compacts (civic, corolla) it looks good.

Cons: MPG is an absolute joke. I drive predominately flat roads and the MPG just plummets once you go over 55 (I also have a Saturn Astra mpg is 31 at 55 and 30-31 at 65). You get around 25-28 if you drive the speed limit at 65-70. Made in Mexico (50% Japanese parts) - now Mexicans need jerbs too but it would be nice to know that something costing 17+K was assembled by at least a few people making a livable wage. In the interior there are cheap plastics all over the place. The factory Firestone tires are garbage and 2 of them bubbled at the 20K mark.

Nissan Sentra 2.0
By cobalt_08

2011 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

With ever increasing gas prices, my old Cobalt (29 mpg highway) was getting expensive at the pump. After browsing a bit, I found a base-model 2011 Sentra w/ CVT at my Nissan dealership. Completely void of anything except the basic necessities, an affordable price with very low mileage, I bought it after a test-drive. Like all of you, I have places to go, people to see, and with a 34 mpg highway rating, I would save a bit on gas. *Sigh* The one place I wanted to avoid is now my most popular destination: The Pump. No matter what I do, this car can't get above 27mpg on the highway. I've tried all manners of tests to improve gas mileage, to no avail.

The interior is pretty spacious, if outdated. The seat's are quite comfy, but rear passenger room is limited. The 2.0 liter 4 cyclinder engine provides adequate acceleration, but is quite noisy when cold or under heavy throttle. Rear spoiler helps with parking, air vents are big, the passenger glove compartment is ridiculously deep! Handles like a dream around town, a CVT has no gears so the ride is always smooth. The car also feels solid.

What's up with the horrible gas mileage? Whether I drive like a slow-poke or ''free-spirited'' the gas mileage remains low. After doing a bit of research, I found out I wasn't the only Sentra owner with terrible fuel economy issues. I get better mileage with an older V6... I rated the Fun-to-Drive category at 1, since I spend more time parked next to a fuel pump than on the road.