Used 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I love my Sentra SL!
By jhdubb

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have read numerous reviews from the experts about this car and there are not a lot of positive reviews about the Sentra. Many of the experts have commented on the bland exterior design and I do not agree. I think the SL with the spoiler; alloy rims; mud guards and tinted windows make this baby pop. I realize that we all have different opinions but don't let the reviews from the experts divert you from the Sentra. It's a great looking car. My family loves it. Our other car is a VW GTI. Even my 16 year old son loves this car. I get compliments on it all the time. I drove the corolla; the hyundai elantra; the civic; and the focus and the sentra is a better looking car!

My SL is loaded. I love the leather seats; the nav system; bluetooth; sunroof; heated seats; alloy rims; awesome sound system. It is very spacious inside for a compact car. The trunk is deep and suits our family of 4 perfectly. I couldn't be happier with this car. Lot's of room in this car. I am 6'2" and I fit comfortably in the Sentra. My suggestion; Buy It! This is a great car. Affordable and better than the competition in this class. I feel that the Sentra deserves higher praise! Great gas mileage! Easy on the pocket book with gas costing $4 a gallon in Los Angeles.

The downside. The car doesn't handle super well on the freeway. It feels a little loose to me. The ride is also a bit bumpy. You will feel every bump on the road. These areas need some work. Some lumbar support would be nice. Why can't car companies get this right? It's like buying a cheap pair of shoes; no arch support. It seems like you have to buy a luxury car just to get lumbar support. Put in some lumbar support; Please!

overall a great value for a decent commuter car
By onehappydogstl

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My dealer sells both Honda and Nissan, so cross-shopping and test drives were easy to execute. I feel many professional car reviewers do not give this car the credit it deserves. Personally, the Civic ride is too firm, the roof line makes getting in and out without ducking impossible, and the engine and tranny are no quieter under throttle. I do agree the Sentra is not cutting edge in either interior or exterior design, but it is still attractive. I suspect younger people will only appreciate the SE-R versions.

I especially like suspension on the SL - no drama; perfect for commuting in my opinion. I did not want a sports car ride for a daily driver. The interior is familiar with most controls logically laid out, and interior noise levels at highway speed quiet. My real-world average mpg thus far is 29-30 which is more the satisfying after mixed city and highway driving.

I think the seats are very comfortable, but I would like a bit more lateral support. The paint on all modern cars seems to be a bit thin and orange peel is visible at an angle.