Used 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Nissan Sentra 2.0
By cobalt_08

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

With ever increasing gas prices, my old Cobalt (29 mpg highway) was getting expensive at the pump. After browsing a bit, I found a base-model 2011 Sentra w/ CVT at my Nissan dealership. Completely void of anything except the basic necessities, an affordable price with very low mileage, I bought it after a test-drive. Like all of you, I have places to go, people to see, and with a 34 mpg highway rating, I would save a bit on gas. *Sigh* The one place I wanted to avoid is now my most popular destination: The Pump. No matter what I do, this car can't get above 27mpg on the highway. I've tried all manners of tests to improve gas mileage, to no avail.

The interior is pretty spacious, if outdated. The seat's are quite comfy, but rear passenger room is limited. The 2.0 liter 4 cyclinder engine provides adequate acceleration, but is quite noisy when cold or under heavy throttle. Rear spoiler helps with parking, air vents are big, the passenger glove compartment is ridiculously deep! Handles like a dream around town, a CVT has no gears so the ride is always smooth. The car also feels solid.

What's up with the horrible gas mileage? Whether I drive like a slow-poke or ''free-spirited'' the gas mileage remains low. After doing a bit of research, I found out I wasn't the only Sentra owner with terrible fuel economy issues. I get better mileage with an older V6... I rated the Fun-to-Drive category at 1, since I spend more time parked next to a fuel pump than on the road.

Nissan Sentra 2.0S
By versa_2013

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with only 1500 miles on it. In three weeks I'm now at 2860 miles and have a good idea what to expect from this car. The ride is VERY smooth. The Sentra's 2.0L engine/CVT combination delivers more than enough power for everyday driving. The cabin is spacious upfront but tight in the back, and well isolated from engine/road noise. Steering is on the stiff side at low speeds. Brake pedal is very responsive. Barely any body roll in any situation. The CVT is surprisingly responsive and smooth, but is very sensitive to throttle. I've been averaging 32.5 mpg overall in Winter driving conditions (Northern Canada.)

Spoiler. Air vents are huge! Powerful air conditioner, car cools down/warms up in no time. Glove box is ridiculously deep. Spacious trunk with split folding backseats. Big gas tank. Exterior look of the car. Interior is well-designed for it's year. 6-speaker audio system. Traditional CVT droning sound is kept to a minimum. No engine sound at highway speeds. RPM's barely fluctuate when climbing hills etc... Handles well in ice and snow.

The Sentra lacks rear passenger room. The seats can get a little uncomfortable after driving a while. Non-telescopic steering wheel.

Very pleased
By sgilbert

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have about 2200 miles on it. Have been very impressed with thoughtful design (large trunk, ample rear seat room, large glove box). Seats are comfortable. I really like the tight, solid body, with no squeaks or rattles. Excellent gas mileage (38-39 mpg on highway at 65-70 mph). No wind noise, and quiet on the highway. Excellent build quality - doors have a quality "thunk" on closing. Nice dash lighting. I enjoy the trip computer, but wish it had a compass. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to, but it's OK. Ride is firm (reviewers say "harsh" over bumps, but I don't find it objectionable. All in all, a quality product I'd recommend.

Smooth, refined engine, good gas mileage, excellent build quality, nice styling, excellent build quality with no squeaks or rattles. Much better than my 2005 Toyota Corolla, which had many dash rattles (6 trips to dealer to correct). At highway speed it's surprisingly quiet, with no wind noise and very little road noise.

Put a compass in the trip computer. Exterior mirrors are very small, and that has safety implications.

Good Car and Dealer
By Anonymous

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Happy with car. A relative has a 2008, which sold my wife on this vs Corolla. Roomy. Good MPG. CVT is unusual, but likable when you get use to it.

MPG. Roomy. Smooth ride. Quiet compared to other small cars. Cruise and radio controls on steering wheel are nice. MPG while driving is good feature

100,000 mile/5 year warranty would be nice. It would show that Nissan has faith in their vehicles. Watch your head with the trunk lid when you close it-seems to fall the last 8 inches.