2011 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Nissan Sentra 2.0
By cobalt_08 on 04/29/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

With ever increasing gas prices, my old Cobalt (29 mpg highway) was getting expensive at the pump. After browsing a bit, I found a base-model 2011 Sentra w/ CVT at my Nissan dealership. Completely void of anything except the basic necessities, an affordable price with very low mileage, I bought it after a test-drive. Like all of you, I have places to go, people to see, and with a 34 mpg highway rating, I would save a bit on gas. *Sigh* The one place I wanted to avoid is now my most popular destination: The Pump. No matter what I do, this car can't get above 27mpg on the highway. I've tried all manners of tests to improve gas mileage, to no avail.

Nissan Sentra 2.0S
By versa_2013 on 11/10/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with only 1500 miles on it. In three weeks I'm now at 2860 miles and have a good idea what to expect from this car. The ride is VERY smooth. The Sentra's 2.0L engine/CVT combination delivers more than enough power for everyday driving. The cabin is spacious upfront but tight in the back, and well isolated from engine/road noise. Steering is on the stiff side at low speeds. Brake pedal is very responsive. Barely any body roll in any situation. The CVT is surprisingly responsive and smooth, but is very sensitive to throttle. I've been averaging 32.5 mpg overall in Winter driving conditions (Northern Canada.)

Very pleased
By sgilbert on 06/18/11 22:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have about 2200 miles on it. Have been very impressed with thoughtful design (large trunk, ample rear seat room, large glove box). Seats are comfortable. I really like the tight, solid body, with no squeaks or rattles. Excellent gas mileage (38-39 mpg on highway at 65-70 mph). No wind noise, and quiet on the highway. Excellent build quality - doors have a quality "thunk" on closing. Nice dash lighting. I enjoy the trip computer, but wish it had a compass. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to, but it's OK. Ride is firm (reviewers say "harsh" over bumps, but I don't find it objectionable. All in all, a quality product I'd recommend.

Good Car and Dealer
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Happy with car. A relative has a 2008, which sold my wife on this vs Corolla. Roomy. Good MPG. CVT is unusual, but likable when you get use to it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Sentra in VA is:

$149 per month*