Used 2011 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2011 Sentra SR CVT 50K miles
By rook119

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My gf and I bought this car for her. She had originally bought a 2011 Corolla (mother of god that was an awful hateful machine) but someone totalled it (thankfully). So instead we got this. It was inexpensive (17.5K loaded) and didn't look as appliance-y as say a civic or corolla. Its nothing great but it does it job, its relatively reliable, has a good resale value, looks pretty good and has an insane amount of space. Just don't be fooled by those 27/34mpg numbers because you are getting far less. Verdict: The car does its job. I'd say because of the high resale value you are better off just buying a new Sentra if you find yourself wanting one though.

Favorite Features

Pros: well for a compact its huge on the inside and can fit 4 comfortably. The car accelerates pretty well for me and despite the complaints for me the CVT is fine. The seats are soft but comfortable. The suspension is spongy but also comfortable (it does affect the manuervability but no one is taking this car to the track or anything). The Stereo is excellent and the buttons are all easy to use. Has aux and Ipod jacks. Compared to other Japanese compacts (civic, corolla) it looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Cons: MPG is an absolute joke. I drive predominately flat roads and the MPG just plummets once you go over 55 (I also have a Saturn Astra mpg is 31 at 55 and 30-31 at 65). You get around 25-28 if you drive the speed limit at 65-70. Made in Mexico (50% Japanese parts) - now Mexicans need jerbs too but it would be nice to know that something costing 17+K was assembled by at least a few people making a livable wage. In the interior there are cheap plastics all over the place. The factory Firestone tires are garbage and 2 of them bubbled at the 20K mark.

Nissan Sentra 2.0
By cobalt_08

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

With ever increasing gas prices, my old Cobalt (29 mpg highway) was getting expensive at the pump. After browsing a bit, I found a base-model 2011 Sentra w/ CVT at my Nissan dealership. Completely void of anything except the basic necessities, an affordable price with very low mileage, I bought it after a test-drive. Like all of you, I have places to go, people to see, and with a 34 mpg highway rating, I would save a bit on gas. *Sigh* The one place I wanted to avoid is now my most popular destination: The Pump. No matter what I do, this car can't get above 27mpg on the highway. I've tried all manners of tests to improve gas mileage, to no avail.

Favorite Features

The interior is pretty spacious, if outdated. The seat's are quite comfy, but rear passenger room is limited. The 2.0 liter 4 cyclinder engine provides adequate acceleration, but is quite noisy when cold or under heavy throttle. Rear spoiler helps with parking, air vents are big, the passenger glove compartment is ridiculously deep! Handles like a dream around town, a CVT has no gears so the ride is always smooth. The car also feels solid.

Suggested Improvements

What's up with the horrible gas mileage? Whether I drive like a slow-poke or ''free-spirited'' the gas mileage remains low. After doing a bit of research, I found out I wasn't the only Sentra owner with terrible fuel economy issues. I get better mileage with an older V6... I rated the Fun-to-Drive category at 1, since I spend more time parked next to a fuel pump than on the road.

Nissan Sentra 2.0S
By versa_2013

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with only 1500 miles on it. In three weeks I'm now at 2860 miles and have a good idea what to expect from this car. The ride is VERY smooth. The Sentra's 2.0L engine/CVT combination delivers more than enough power for everyday driving. The cabin is spacious upfront but tight in the back, and well isolated from engine/road noise. Steering is on the stiff side at low speeds. Brake pedal is very responsive. Barely any body roll in any situation. The CVT is surprisingly responsive and smooth, but is very sensitive to throttle. I've been averaging 32.5 mpg overall in Winter driving conditions (Northern Canada.)

Favorite Features

Spoiler. Air vents are huge! Powerful air conditioner, car cools down/warms up in no time. Glove box is ridiculously deep. Spacious trunk with split folding backseats. Big gas tank. Exterior look of the car. Interior is well-designed for it's year. 6-speaker audio system. Traditional CVT droning sound is kept to a minimum. No engine sound at highway speeds. RPM's barely fluctuate when climbing hills etc... Handles well in ice and snow.

Suggested Improvements

The Sentra lacks rear passenger room. The seats can get a little uncomfortable after driving a while. Non-telescopic steering wheel.

Liked it better than the Corolla
By drivedrove

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I recently drove a Sentra and a Corolla back to back, for a week each, and I prefer the Sentra. You ride up higher in the Sentra, and the cabin feels roomier. The CVT has plenty of power to get up to speed and pass on the highway and feels smooth and responsive. The cabin is quiet going around town, but fairly noisy on the highway, and opening the trunk seems awkward. Overall, though, I was impressed.

I love my Sentra SL!
By jhdubb

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have read numerous reviews from the experts about this car and there are not a lot of positive reviews about the Sentra. Many of the experts have commented on the bland exterior design and I do not agree. I think the SL with the spoiler; alloy rims; mud guards and tinted windows make this baby pop. I realize that we all have different opinions but don't let the reviews from the experts divert you from the Sentra. It's a great looking car. My family loves it. Our other car is a VW GTI. Even my 16 year old son loves this car. I get compliments on it all the time. I drove the corolla; the hyundai elantra; the civic; and the focus and the sentra is a better looking car!

Favorite Features

My SL is loaded. I love the leather seats; the nav system; bluetooth; sunroof; heated seats; alloy rims; awesome sound system. It is very spacious inside for a compact car. The trunk is deep and suits our family of 4 perfectly. I couldn't be happier with this car. Lot's of room in this car. I am 6'2" and I fit comfortably in the Sentra. My suggestion; Buy It! This is a great car. Affordable and better than the competition in this class. I feel that the Sentra deserves higher praise! Great gas mileage! Easy on the pocket book with gas costing $4 a gallon in Los Angeles.

Suggested Improvements

The downside. The car doesn't handle super well on the freeway. It feels a little loose to me. The ride is also a bit bumpy. You will feel every bump on the road. These areas need some work. Some lumbar support would be nice. Why can't car companies get this right? It's like buying a cheap pair of shoes; no arch support. It seems like you have to buy a luxury car just to get lumbar support. Put in some lumbar support; Please!