Used 2010 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

So far no good!
By dancetec121

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car was up on a flat bed after only 34 miles! not liking this car much. the computer needed to be replaced all ready! so far i cant wait for the lease on this thing is up. steer clear! check out the new 2010 Mazda 3 loved the hatch back very fun to drive.

faster faster faster! better quality.

Simply love the Sentra.
By Roger

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just took delivery in mid-July, but very impressed so far. The Continuously Variable Transmission fascinated me and it is so far ahead of competitor offerings. Initial impressions are: dash and controls are well designed and positioned, the ride is as good or better than much larger and more expensive cars, ample storage compartments, quality is evident with exterior finish and interior upholstery, surprising amount of head and legroom, and the gas mileage is all that had been hoped. I have long been a GM owner, but now a Nissan convert. I never expected such value, quality, and amenities for the price. I wanted value and Nissan delivered. This is a second car, but now my favorite.

The Continuously Variable Transmission sold me - likely a feature ahead of its time. Extremely pleased with the quiet ride, ample head and legroom, love the gas mileage, quality is evident both inside and out.

None so far - just very pleased.

Do not buy a Spec V! Engine problems!
By Lance O

2010 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car has an engine malfunction which is apparent once car warms up. I bought my car new, and this malfunction started once it had 2,000 miles on it. This causes a car that claims to get 29 mpg on the highway, to get 23 mpg highway. This 200 hp car feels closer to 120 hp when the engine is acting up. The dealership and Nissan engineers are saying that it is a characteristic of the car, and thus far have not made a recall. This affects 2007+ sentra spec v's. I would not have bought this car had I had access to the above information prior to my purchase. Please speak with someone who has this car prior to purchase!

Suspension, appearance, wheels and brakes, navigation, back-up camera, Rockford Fosgate sound system.

Plastic scratches easily, telescopic steering column would greatly aid in comfort

Very nice practical vehicle
By MR HOFFY

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice car, smooth quiet ride, great mpg. On both city driving and highway the car has adequate handling and acceleration. The 2.0 engine and the CVT transmission are not sluggish. Plenty of room in the cabin. Build quality is excellent. The drivers seat is very comfortable with plenty of leg room for tall drivers. A cheaper car with more trim line features than Mazda, Toyota, &Honda. Remember the sentra sr is not a true sports car so don't expect it to perform like one! Its a great commuter car and fun to drive.

Audio controls on the steering wheel, 6 speaker stereo sounds very nice. Large trunk. Huge glove box. Instrument cluster nice and bright.

Need 2nd 12 V outlet, No Biggie!

Navigation System
By Rich

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I know this is the first year with their Nav. System. It loads fairly slow and misses many of the features I had on my freestanding Garmin in our Toyota. I use the GPS alot and am really disappointed. Would not buy the Nav. System again on my SL. On a bright note, the Bluetooth in the car is better than the headset bluetooth I have. It is clearer and flawless. It looks like the vendor was Robert Bosch on gps, it should of been Garmin

Headroom and legroom

Better Nav. system and louder horn.