2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Clicking noise
By richbern1 on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The car is great. When I drive the car cold, as I accelerate to 20 mph I get a clicking noise from the area of the front right axle or wheel. It goes away after 20 mph. I was told at the dealership that this is normal. It is a computer self check for the fuel system. Is this true or not? I only have 1000 miles on odometer.

Great car EXCEPT...
By Jesse on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car two months ago NEW. The miles on the car was from test driving. This past Friday it wouldn't start. Long story short the car has a connector to the battery that gives it the propensity to receive a poor connection and shut down unexpectedly. Unfortunately, my car was towed by a Nissan Roadside assistance towing company to a Nissan dealership and in the process my $200 key was lost. I was approved to have my key paid for by the Nissan consumer affairs but I had to pay up front. I asked that an deferment of my monthly payment request be granted considering that I didn't budget for this and my NEW car broke down & individuals affiliated with NISSAN lost my key. I was denied!

Exceptional compact car
By mfortier3 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My 2010 Sentra SR was my first new car purchase and I couldn't be happier. The standard features it comes equipped with can't be beat for the price (e.g. iPod connection, steering wheel mounted audio controls, fog lamps). The distinct sporty exterior styling looks great and sets it apart from other compacts. Yes, the interior could have been more refined, but it functions well and is the most roomy compact I have ever been in. I get great gas mileage (30 mpg) and enjoy driving it around the city and on the highway. The factory installed audio system is exceptional and I always receive compliments about it. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Second bad review for you!
By dancetec121 on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car was on a flat bed twice before I even had it registered! The computer burnt out twice second time they figured out why the computer burnt out (why they didn't try and figure it out the first time is beyond me) they said it was the the battery port (positive) that was causing it. I will never buy a Nissan again!

Love this car!
By Paul B on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had been convinced by my wife that my 94 Oldsmobile was on its last wheel and that I needed to buy something new. She, having lived in Ireland for two years, was looking for something great on gas and cheap on insurance. We looked at the Yaris but the salespeople at Riverside Toyota were all but snooty to us in our workout clothes. We went to Paul Walsh and they didn't think twice, grabbed the keys and let us take a test drive. It was love at first drive. We are planning to start a family so we both love the interior space and the massive trunk. I come from a very tall family and they all fit in it perfectly. I am 6'4'' and I have plenty of headroom and legroom to drive. Get this car!

2nd Nissan bought in a month time
By Jay on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought an Altima 2.5 SL last month and absolutely found this to be a joy to drive. I didn't want to buy another Altima but I was surely sold on Nissan so I bought a Sentra. I enjoy driving this as much as the Altima. I would sincerely like to offer a word to a new car looker, buy one of these cars. You will be pleasantly surprised. I came real close to buy a Honda Accord, but found that the pricing and quality are far superior in the Nissan. I didn't even give the Civic a look see.

Nice, but...
By NWO on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 6th Sentra. 1. Who is dummy at Nissan who allowed Driver Visor to hit mirror? And no extension! Can cause accidents. 2. Extreme glare on window from dash. 3. Gold color radio and digital fuel readout very annoying. Pls switch bank to analog. 4. Temp gauge not correct. 5. Weak acceleration on slightest uphill, especially when entering on-ramp to freeway. 6. Don't be fooled by post "plants". 7. Cheesy speakers (vibrate to much). 8. No lock on glove box - what? (probabaly same design dummy at Nissan). 9. Very load interior noise (this is why dealership has heat or air on full blast so U can't hear road noise). 10. Drives nice, though, and look nice too.

The Great Experience
By Dino Hull on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the Nissan Sentra for approximately two months and I have truly enjoyed my experience. It is such a smooth driving vehicle with a nick "kick" for a 4-cylinder. I particularly was amazed at the amount of interior space. We have already taken a few short road trips and the seating room was surprising. Most significantly, my wife and I had the most pleasurable car buying experience we've ever had. Salesman at Jim Keras was AWESOME! He was attentive to our needs. He did not play the cat and mouse game that car salesmen are known to play between the customer and the finance manager. There was no high pressure sales pitch to buy what we could not afford. I was thoroughly pleased.

Great deal!
By Kathy on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just picked up my new sentra sr and I am so excited. We already have a 2007 and have been very happy with it. Great ride, style,and deal. I got it out the door at $15,400 after dealing with several dealerships. I am looking forward to driving a new car and having low up keep costs.

Updated Review - Still Awesome
By Stephi1 on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The gas mileage is better than what sites say! Now that I've had the car for almost a year and put 16,000 miles, I get an average of 31.5 mileage per gallon. With 70% city and 30% hwy. The car lets you automatically know what your current gas mileage so its easy to learn the most efficient way to drive. Otherwise still a wonderful car I am sure will have awesome resale. & go for the smart key!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$116 per month*