Used 2010 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Up date
By electricnow

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In my old review I complained about the CVT. Now at 13.450 miles the Mexico made battery failed. I guess they saved a couple of bucks on those though. Didn`t matter they are not covered under warrenty any way.

2010 sentra a/c issues.
By awii

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm happy with the cars performance ..how ever a/c is not cooling like it should.. it takes half hr to 45 minutes to reach to a medium cold..this is my third nissan, never had a/c problems with them..took it to nissan dealer to have this check and according to them nothing is wrong.. they said the a/c is withing nissan specs..i'm not convince.. prior to moving to nc i lived in fl and never experience a/c problems with my 2001 sentra and that is really hot weather.. I traded my 2001 nissan for this car. i wonder if I'm the only one with this problem..i plan to take it back since I'm not satisfied with the results..i would like to know if any one else has similar problem..

20K Mile Review - Sentra SR
By malachy

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is an interesting car. There are times I am underwhelmed with it, other times I am really glad I decided to go with it. The size, comfort, and ride of the car are some of it's best attributes. I bought the car because of the front seat. The looks of the car appear to be polarizing. I like the looks compared to other cars in this class. As a guy though, all I see are girls driving it around. The performance is pretty average. The CVT is still an enigma to me, although I am fairly happy with it. The engine drone and tapping (when below 56 degrees) I can do with out. I feel the gas mileage is great (34 - 75% highway). I have gotten 38 on trips before.

Leg room Back seat room Dash Layout Everyday handling Stereo + iPod link Handling in Snow

Engine smoothness Tranny drone Plastic trim that is more scratch resistant Seat cloth that shows less wear

So So Sentra
By electricnow

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have about 12,000 miles on it now. After owning two Hyundai`s, I guess I expected more from the Sentra, sinse we paid more for it. No problems so far. Does not get the mpg advertised, we average 30-32 at best. My only complaint would be the CVT transmission, we live where we have a lot of two lane country roads where you may need pass slower traffic offen. I have found it accelerates faster at about 5000 rpm than it does with your foot to the floor. I find this irritating and if this is normal, I would not own another Nissan if this transmission was the only option. Normal driving, It seems to work fine.

Transmission improvements.

A perfect car for me!
By jaybird311

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

What most of the other reviewers said is true without a doubt. I have had my SR for about 4 months and 4500 miles now. You get your best bang for the buck here. My SR drives like a car twice as expensive if not better. I truly enjoy cruising around in this car. It has a very high build quality feel to it . Yes it handles very well and even in snowy conditions. The SR body kit make this car really stand out from other sentras. It Looks almost exactly like the SE-R. However, I wanted a dependable commuter car that was good on gas with a sporty flair. This is just what I got. :)

SR- sporty distinguished look. Gas mileage very nice, (mid 30'smpg on the highway driving 65mph) IPOD jack, precise handling, CVT is awesome, lots of interior space, build quality overall is very high.

This car is very close to perfect for what my needs were. I can't think of anything.