Used 2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

RUN, down't walk away from Nissan Sentra
By Teresa West

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I would trade my 2010 nissa sentra for just about any other car on the road. Admittedly, I put a lot of miles on my car due to my job. But I purchased because of its claim of great gas mileage and extremely low maintenance. 200,000 miles later, I am looking at replacing the tranny for the second time (first one went out just over 100Kmiles, and just after warranty of course) Today, it needs another tranny and an engine rebuild. I now have spent almost as much on maintenance and repairs as i did on the original loan--of which still owe $7K Guess how much its worth for trade-in? Thats right,a whopping $750 i can scrap it for more, which is what I will probably have to do. no help from nissa

Favorite Features

If I could give negative marks, it would be to high

Suggested Improvements

If Sentra was the last car on earth, I would buy a horse

A great, practical car
By star2007

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2010 Nissan Sentra for about two years now and I love it! I previously owned a used 1995 Nissan Maxima, which had 200,000 miles and served me well, but I was ready for something new. This is a very practical car -- good gas mileage, big trunk (good for golf clubs), and nice features (auxiliary input for Ipod). The feel of a CVT took some getting used to but now I really like it. The car has more power than other compact cars I've driven that are rather gutless. I've had no major issues in the past two years -- just needed a replacement of one sun visor while still under warranty.

Favorite Features

Roomy front interior -- my 6'3 boyfriend fits easily, roomy trunk, auto mirror adjustments. Affordable pricing when I purchased it new. I also like how the back headrests can go down to allow more visibility when no one is sitting in the back.

Suggested Improvements

The front dash could be a bit lower to allow more visibility, but you can adjust the seat height which is helpful. I also had to get the front visor replaced while still under warranty -- the mirror just fell off one day and it didn't seem like the sturdiest construction. That said, I would still purchase this car again in a heart beat!

So So Sentra
By electricnow

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have about 12,000 miles on it now. After owning two Hyundai`s, I guess I expected more from the Sentra, sinse we paid more for it. No problems so far. Does not get the mpg advertised, we average 30-32 at best. My only complaint would be the CVT transmission, we live where we have a lot of two lane country roads where you may need pass slower traffic offen. I have found it accelerates faster at about 5000 rpm than it does with your foot to the floor. I find this irritating and if this is normal, I would not own another Nissan if this transmission was the only option. Normal driving, It seems to work fine.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission improvements.

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S
By Peppy

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just picked up my 2010 Nissan Sentra S. The features that come with the vehicle is amazing The stereo sounds awesome. I am extremely comfortable in the car and I am 6 feet tall and 315 lbs. The vehicle seems very well built and the 2.0 liter engine shifts flawlessly and the car has good acceleration. I paid after the year end rebate and negotiation $15,500 for the car and $1295 for the 7 year/100,000 top of the line genuine Nissan extended warranty. I expect to keep this car for a long long time. It was an excellent purchase and so much better than the civic and corolla.

Favorite Features

The 6 standard airbags, 6 speaker stereo, nice cloth interior, excellent layout of the dash, the intelligent remote system. The car was just designed very very well.

Suggested Improvements

Only one I can think of right now. The side door mirrors do not collapse inward. They took the cheap way out on that one. Would have paid extra for that.

Updated Review - Still Awesome
By Stephi1

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The gas mileage is better than what sites say! Now that I've had the car for almost a year and put 16,000 miles, I get an average of 31.5 mileage per gallon. With 70% city and 30% hwy. The car lets you automatically know what your current gas mileage so its easy to learn the most efficient way to drive. Otherwise still a wonderful car I am sure will have awesome resale. & go for the smart key!

Favorite Features

Smart key! Gas Mileage, Look, Tons of space and compartments, post-sale coupons!

Suggested Improvements

Put sunroof is lower models too! Longer cord for the ipod player.