2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Nissan Sentra 2010 - no recomendation at all
By auersperg on 05/20/14 08:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the worse car I ever had. Extremely high fuel consumption. Average more than 12 liters per 100 km. Mostly driving 2 persons, no speeding or excessive braking, 60% city 40% highways. Both dealer and Nissan refused to do anything with it, they say it is normal. My opinion official data about fuel consumption are out by 2 litres at least. Cheap material used everywhere, no space at rear seats. My recommendation - try to avoid this car. Bad dealer's and Nissan support, they are just trying to catch you. I was driving many cars, did well over 1.5 mil. km but this is the lemon No.1.

A great, practical car
By star2007 on 09/09/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2010 Nissan Sentra for about two years now and I love it! I previously owned a used 1995 Nissan Maxima, which had 200,000 miles and served me well, but I was ready for something new. This is a very practical car -- good gas mileage, big trunk (good for golf clubs), and nice features (auxiliary input for Ipod). The feel of a CVT took some getting used to but now I really like it. The car has more power than other compact cars I've driven that are rather gutless. I've had no major issues in the past two years -- just needed a replacement of one sun visor while still under warranty.

Avoid the Snetra
By bcramer003 on 01/07/12 18:19 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Poor acceleration and lots of road noise at highway speed. Poor material used in interior. I have had three warrenty issues and had to pay to replace brakes and rotors at 20k miles. The car has also had to be alligned twice in the first year of ownership.

Up date
By electricnow on 07/30/11 18:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In my old review I complained about the CVT. Now at 13.450 miles the Mexico made battery failed. I guess they saved a couple of bucks on those though. Didn`t matter they are not covered under warrenty any way.

2010 sentra a/c issues.
By awii on 06/01/11 14:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm happy with the cars performance ..how ever a/c is not cooling like it should.. it takes half hr to 45 minutes to reach to a medium cold..this is my third nissan, never had a/c problems with them..took it to nissan dealer to have this check and according to them nothing is wrong.. they said the a/c is withing nissan specs..i'm not convince.. prior to moving to nc i lived in fl and never experience a/c problems with my 2001 sentra and that is really hot weather.. I traded my 2001 nissan for this car. i wonder if I'm the only one with this problem..i plan to take it back since I'm not satisfied with the results..i would like to know if any one else has similar problem..

20K Mile Review - Sentra SR
By malachy on 05/18/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is an interesting car. There are times I am underwhelmed with it, other times I am really glad I decided to go with it. The size, comfort, and ride of the car are some of it's best attributes. I bought the car because of the front seat. The looks of the car appear to be polarizing. I like the looks compared to other cars in this class. As a guy though, all I see are girls driving it around. The performance is pretty average. The CVT is still an enigma to me, although I am fairly happy with it. The engine drone and tapping (when below 56 degrees) I can do with out. I feel the gas mileage is great (34 - 75% highway). I have gotten 38 on trips before.

So So Sentra
By electricnow on 05/02/11 07:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have about 12,000 miles on it now. After owning two Hyundai`s, I guess I expected more from the Sentra, sinse we paid more for it. No problems so far. Does not get the mpg advertised, we average 30-32 at best. My only complaint would be the CVT transmission, we live where we have a lot of two lane country roads where you may need pass slower traffic offen. I have found it accelerates faster at about 5000 rpm than it does with your foot to the floor. I find this irritating and if this is normal, I would not own another Nissan if this transmission was the only option. Normal driving, It seems to work fine.

A perfect car for me!
By jaybird311 on 01/01/11 06:26 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

What most of the other reviewers said is true without a doubt. I have had my SR for about 4 months and 4500 miles now. You get your best bang for the buck here. My SR drives like a car twice as expensive if not better. I truly enjoy cruising around in this car. It has a very high build quality feel to it . Yes it handles very well and even in snowy conditions. The SR body kit make this car really stand out from other sentras. It Looks almost exactly like the SE-R. However, I wanted a dependable commuter car that was good on gas with a sporty flair. This is just what I got. :)

Pleased with my first
By lg2010 on 12/28/10 09:44 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased back in July 2010. After driving my first 15000 miles, I'm pretty pleased. The one major issue already mentioned regarding the battery post is true and I recommend owners participate in the ongoing Nissan recall. My sentra conked out unexpectedly when pulling out of the driveway. Luckily this did not happen 1 day before when I was on a 7 hour trip with a 5 and a 9 yr. old. Nissan replaced the cable and the ECM free of charge. Other than that, the car has been great on gas, is very comfortable, and maybe I'm deaf, but this whole "car is too loud" thing is really coming out of left field for me. I suggest letting it warm up for 1 min. or two before taking off full speed.

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S
By Peppy on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just picked up my 2010 Nissan Sentra S. The features that come with the vehicle is amazing The stereo sounds awesome. I am extremely comfortable in the car and I am 6 feet tall and 315 lbs. The vehicle seems very well built and the 2.0 liter engine shifts flawlessly and the car has good acceleration. I paid after the year end rebate and negotiation $15,500 for the car and $1295 for the 7 year/100,000 top of the line genuine Nissan extended warranty. I expect to keep this car for a long long time. It was an excellent purchase and so much better than the civic and corolla.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$116 per month*