2010 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
A great, practical car
By star2007 on 09/09/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2010 Nissan Sentra for about two years now and I love it! I previously owned a used 1995 Nissan Maxima, which had 200,000 miles and served me well, but I was ready for something new. This is a very practical car -- good gas mileage, big trunk (good for golf clubs), and nice features (auxiliary input for Ipod). The feel of a CVT took some getting used to but now I really like it. The car has more power than other compact cars I've driven that are rather gutless. I've had no major issues in the past two years -- just needed a replacement of one sun visor while still under warranty.

So So Sentra
By electricnow on 05/02/11 07:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have about 12,000 miles on it now. After owning two Hyundai`s, I guess I expected more from the Sentra, sinse we paid more for it. No problems so far. Does not get the mpg advertised, we average 30-32 at best. My only complaint would be the CVT transmission, we live where we have a lot of two lane country roads where you may need pass slower traffic offen. I have found it accelerates faster at about 5000 rpm than it does with your foot to the floor. I find this irritating and if this is normal, I would not own another Nissan if this transmission was the only option. Normal driving, It seems to work fine.

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S
By Peppy on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just picked up my 2010 Nissan Sentra S. The features that come with the vehicle is amazing The stereo sounds awesome. I am extremely comfortable in the car and I am 6 feet tall and 315 lbs. The vehicle seems very well built and the 2.0 liter engine shifts flawlessly and the car has good acceleration. I paid after the year end rebate and negotiation $15,500 for the car and $1295 for the 7 year/100,000 top of the line genuine Nissan extended warranty. I expect to keep this car for a long long time. It was an excellent purchase and so much better than the civic and corolla.

Updated Review - Still Awesome
By Stephi1 on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The gas mileage is better than what sites say! Now that I've had the car for almost a year and put 16,000 miles, I get an average of 31.5 mileage per gallon. With 70% city and 30% hwy. The car lets you automatically know what your current gas mileage so its easy to learn the most efficient way to drive. Otherwise still a wonderful car I am sure will have awesome resale. & go for the smart key!

My 3rd Sentra lease
By Sentra3 on 08/28/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for an economical, reliable small car with a low payment and nothing out of pocket, and this Sentra fit the bill perfectly. It's the 3rd I've leased (had a 1992 and 1997) and by far the best. Very smooth and comfortable for a small car, with a quiet and compliant ride and a roomy back seat. Driving comfort is good even driving 8 hours in a day, which I've done twice. I love the turbine-like feel of the CVT and its low-revving nature, which delivers high-30s mpg on the highway and low-to-mid 30s mpg around town. I have 4000 miles to date and no problems except the fuel door sticks out just a bit--dealer said nothing they can do about it. Overall very pleased.

sentra s
By Tazz on 08/15/10 00:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great car and gas mileage. CVT trans takes some getting use to. Love the keyless start and door locks. Gas mileage is great, that's why I bought this model. ride is ok and steering is not bad. great car for the buck. looked at 5 other cars in this class glad I bought this one. Control features are all located to have ease of use. Thank you Nissan

Simply love the Sentra.
By Roger on 07/29/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just took delivery in mid-July, but very impressed so far. The Continuously Variable Transmission fascinated me and it is so far ahead of competitor offerings. Initial impressions are: dash and controls are well designed and positioned, the ride is as good or better than much larger and more expensive cars, ample storage compartments, quality is evident with exterior finish and interior upholstery, surprising amount of head and legroom, and the gas mileage is all that had been hoped. I have long been a GM owner, but now a Nissan convert. I never expected such value, quality, and amenities for the price. I wanted value and Nissan delivered. This is a second car, but now my favorite.

Underrated!
By lawrence on 06/26/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Put my first 800 miles driving from south Florida to East Tennessee. Entering North Carolina's Appalachian mountain region on interstate 26, this little Sentra with 16 inch tires and CVT delivered exceedingly smooth and capable performance for a supposed compact. I wanted to buy American and wish Chevy would build such a great compact now that America needs to conserve gas more than ever - but they seem too interested in pushing their "onstar" instead of the virtues of the car itself. Looked at Kia Forte, Ford focus and Mazda3. The Mazda3 would have been my second choice. Honda Civic was not even considered because it, along with VW, in my opinion, were way overpriced in this segment.

Refinements not frill
By larryB on 06/20/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I forgot to mention one of the main virtues that impressed me about Sentra S model: It has a very user-friendly cruise control unit on the steering wheel that I find very convenient when I am on the open road. Also, the micro- filtration A/C unit (pollen filter) is something missing even on much more expensive cars. In sum: great refinements for a compact car - without the frill. Fun MPG. Thanks again Nissan!

Fun MPG
By LarryB on 06/20/10 09:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Corolla, Mazda3, Civic and Kia were all examined closely or test driven before I decided to purchase the Sentra S. And those high MPG on the Sentra are not boring miles, as it is a very pleasant car to drive. In this economic recession, the Sentra delivered the most value and bang for my hard earned buck. Thank you Nissan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Sentra in VA is:

$146 per month*