Used 2010 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

RUN, down't walk away from Nissan Sentra
By Teresa West

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I would trade my 2010 nissa sentra for just about any other car on the road. Admittedly, I put a lot of miles on my car due to my job. But I purchased because of its claim of great gas mileage and extremely low maintenance. 200,000 miles later, I am looking at replacing the tranny for the second time (first one went out just over 100Kmiles, and just after warranty of course) Today, it needs another tranny and an engine rebuild. I now have spent almost as much on maintenance and repairs as i did on the original loan--of which still owe $7K Guess how much its worth for trade-in? Thats right,a whopping $750 i can scrap it for more, which is what I will probably have to do. no help from nissa

Favorite Features

If I could give negative marks, it would be to high

Suggested Improvements

If Sentra was the last car on earth, I would buy a horse

Nissan Sentra 2010 - no recomendation at all
By auersperg

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the worse car I ever had. Extremely high fuel consumption. Average more than 12 liters per 100 km. Mostly driving 2 persons, no speeding or excessive braking, 60% city 40% highways. Both dealer and Nissan refused to do anything with it, they say it is normal. My opinion official data about fuel consumption are out by 2 litres at least. Cheap material used everywhere, no space at rear seats. My recommendation - try to avoid this car. Bad dealer's and Nissan support, they are just trying to catch you. I was driving many cars, did well over 1.5 mil. km but this is the lemon No.1.

A great, practical car
By star2007

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2010 Nissan Sentra for about two years now and I love it! I previously owned a used 1995 Nissan Maxima, which had 200,000 miles and served me well, but I was ready for something new. This is a very practical car -- good gas mileage, big trunk (good for golf clubs), and nice features (auxiliary input for Ipod). The feel of a CVT took some getting used to but now I really like it. The car has more power than other compact cars I've driven that are rather gutless. I've had no major issues in the past two years -- just needed a replacement of one sun visor while still under warranty.

Favorite Features

Roomy front interior -- my 6'3 boyfriend fits easily, roomy trunk, auto mirror adjustments. Affordable pricing when I purchased it new. I also like how the back headrests can go down to allow more visibility when no one is sitting in the back.

Suggested Improvements

The front dash could be a bit lower to allow more visibility, but you can adjust the seat height which is helpful. I also had to get the front visor replaced while still under warranty -- the mirror just fell off one day and it didn't seem like the sturdiest construction. That said, I would still purchase this car again in a heart beat!

Avoid the Snetra
By bcramer003

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Poor acceleration and lots of road noise at highway speed. Poor material used in interior. I have had three warrenty issues and had to pay to replace brakes and rotors at 20k miles. The car has also had to be alligned twice in the first year of ownership.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality!

Up date
By electricnow

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In my old review I complained about the CVT. Now at 13.450 miles the Mexico made battery failed. I guess they saved a couple of bucks on those though. Didn`t matter they are not covered under warrenty any way.