Used 2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best little car I've ever owned
By Mac88

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car with the idea to save money in the future to counter possible rising gas prices, and I was surprised at the design and overall quality. The CVT tranny is a little weird at first, but it's a great performer. Some may say it's boring, but if you just want to drive and not worry about shifting or rpm's then this is the one. Torque right off the bat is good, you can feel it in the seats, once car is at the speed you want, rpm goes down low, and it's quiet, surprisingly quiet on the freeway for a small car. Small on the outside, roomy on the inside. Big trunk, good styling, and fairly wide. It's comfortable enough for my commute, AC kicks butt, a real quality motor, quiet at idle.

Favorite Features

Strong 2 liter motor, not too hard, comfortable seats, good quality mechanically, good styling, smooth cvt transmission, great MPG I'm getting 30+ combined.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio, tires need to be a bit bigger/wider, can't pop trunk with standard key fob, a bit too much chrome in rear tail lights (I'm replacing with all red LED style anyway)

Surprising Performance
By Mike39

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven this car for only about 2000 miles. My initial impressions are that I am VERY satisfied. The interior is large for it's class (97.7cuft)and very much appreciated by my growing boys. The car I have has the CVT transmission. It runs very smooth and quiet under low torque applications- a little loud during acceleration. the ride is very quiet. The car has great amenities- good sound system, blue tooth, mp3 cd player w/ aux jack, keyless entry, car computer (mpg, dte, temp, etc). The blue tooth and keyless entry are a little extra, but this was the only car I found with a standard computer. Aluminum rims would of been a nice touch- worth the extra$ if you can find one with it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, keyless entry are the ritz. Very pleased with the quiet ride and power of car.

Suggested Improvements

Rear disc brakes, better quality of interior lighting. Standard alloy rims. Accuracy in mileage- sticker said 34 hyw- that's pushing it.

Love My Sentra
By Denise

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove Nissan Sentra and just fell in love with it. It handled the curves well and had great pick up and go. I really liked how comfortable the seats were and how smooth the ride was. Having an auxiliary input jack for my MP3, Trip computer with outside temp, distance to empty, and steering wheel mounted audio controls was just extra icing on the cake.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Acceleration and smoothness. Steering wheel controls. Fun to drive and stylish. And I love the color I picked (Brick Red)

Suggested Improvements

The odd shaped side mirrors. They are hard to get used too.

Go for it
By chacama

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

These current Sentra models are mid The new Sentras rock!. CVT is real smooth and have not had any problems with what some call "rubberband effect" (have not experienced it on this car yet!). Before deciding for this car i drove the Mazdas 3 & 5, Toyota Yaris & Camry, a VW and the Nissan Versa but ultimately decided for this car because it's good mileage, driveability and specially comfort... the lines looks somewhat similar to a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls Nice acceleration & cruising Good handling Trunk space with the fold flat 60/40 rear seats Excellent leg and head space for the passengers Supberb road visibility

Suggested Improvements

Break down that 30 mpg mark