2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2009 Sentra Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Not as expected
By leonardosd

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/09 (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car new in march 2009, in Mexico. Not as easy buying a new car here. Inmediately had problems with the breaks, always made a lot of noise. Dealer couldn't fix it, arguing they were eco-friendly. Besides that, tyres got worn on outside edge in 1 year. Again, dealer said it was normal. Had transmission problems just after the third year, when the warranty passed. Luckily, I had the extendend warranty, and they covered everything. After that, the engine started making weird noises, and dealer said I needed a new one. Apparentely, a cilinder got deformed. (Seriously). When this happened, I was through with it. Previously had a 99' Altima, never complained with it.

Favorite Features

Interior layout. Size.

Suggested Improvements

Engine, transmission and breaks redesigned.

Excellent Sentra
By Joe R

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had a lot of cars over the years but this has to be one of the best. For a small car, it rides great!

Favorite Features

I bought it loaded and its a a very good looking car in and out. Great transmission for a lower price car

Suggested Improvements

the top of the back bumper needs to be coated so it can not scratch when loading and unloading the trunk. This is not limited to this car but most cars should have this.

Could Have Done Better for the Money
By VegasJ

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is still new so it is still nice. BUT I have to say I am disappointed. Especially since I was so happy with my previous Nissan Altima. The Sentra is a budget car in driving experience but no so much in dollars. I could have found a less expensive way to be bored. The quality is ok but nothing special. Not so comfortable for rear seat passengers over the age of 10.

Favorite Features

The trip computer in the center console makes it at least look like you got something for your money.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the price down to match the value of the car.

Not happy
By Stacey

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am not at all happy with this car. I have had it for 11 months and already the front brake pads had to be replaced and the rotors machined. Today the a/c went out. I'm only averaging 20 mpg. The ironic thing is the FE stands for Fuel Economy. I won't be buying another.

Impressive
By Thomas

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We finally purchased a new car. Test drove Nissan Sentra sl and Toyota Corrola S. We then checked out the Nissan Sentra SER sedan. Performance and sporty look an feel sold us. Step out and pass you have the power to go. Recent trip gave all around 34MPG and driving conservatively 100k produced 42MPG highway. Lots of room sport pkg upgrades exterior and adds fog lights. moonroof and sporty bucket seats plus great stereo. Highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Performance/ Room / Value

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seat. Keyless entry and optional Leather heated bucket seats

Cute Little Car No MPG
By wallyw

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have put 1500 miles in 4 months. For a small car it is nice to drive. Do not like the gas mileage. It has averaged about 21 mpg in mixed driving since we bought it 4 months ago. Bought it during the clunker program. I always check the mileage when I fill up. I fill the car until the gasoline level stays in the top of the neck. I've never trusted the electronic mpg. Surprisingly enough it is pretty close.

Favorite Features

Enjoy the keyless entry, blue tooth, xm radio and CVT. Like the large glove box

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage. Need to improve the windshield wiper location. It's to easy to turn on while turning the steering wheel

Great car / Great value
By jeff

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Cash for clunkers deal I was due a better vehicle. First new car I have ever bought. I looked at everything small to mid sized out there and I mean everything. I was looking for better mileage. Averaging 30 currently. Most cars were uncomfortable, over priced, cheap quality or no room. I am 6'2" tall and my head hit the roof in half and my legs would have to be held up off of the seat to keep from smashing the gas pedal to the floor in the rest. Not in the Senta. Plenty of leg room, a whole hands with above my head. For you taller people, this one is it. It is very deceiving from the outside. Roomy, comfortable, solid car. Can't say enough good about it.

Favorite Features

Price. Leg and head room, handling, smooth running 4 cylinder. Lots of pep. Loads of great extra features you would expect in a higher priced vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Front view /grill design. From the back it looks sportier than the front.

Best little car I've ever owned
By Mac88

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car with the idea to save money in the future to counter possible rising gas prices, and I was surprised at the design and overall quality. The CVT tranny is a little weird at first, but it's a great performer. Some may say it's boring, but if you just want to drive and not worry about shifting or rpm's then this is the one. Torque right off the bat is good, you can feel it in the seats, once car is at the speed you want, rpm goes down low, and it's quiet, surprisingly quiet on the freeway for a small car. Small on the outside, roomy on the inside. Big trunk, good styling, and fairly wide. It's comfortable enough for my commute, AC kicks butt, a real quality motor, quiet at idle.

Favorite Features

Strong 2 liter motor, not too hard, comfortable seats, good quality mechanically, good styling, smooth cvt transmission, great MPG I'm getting 30+ combined.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio, tires need to be a bit bigger/wider, can't pop trunk with standard key fob, a bit too much chrome in rear tail lights (I'm replacing with all red LED style anyway)

Surprising Performance
By Mike39

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven this car for only about 2000 miles. My initial impressions are that I am VERY satisfied. The interior is large for it's class (97.7cuft)and very much appreciated by my growing boys. The car I have has the CVT transmission. It runs very smooth and quiet under low torque applications- a little loud during acceleration. the ride is very quiet. The car has great amenities- good sound system, blue tooth, mp3 cd player w/ aux jack, keyless entry, car computer (mpg, dte, temp, etc). The blue tooth and keyless entry are a little extra, but this was the only car I found with a standard computer. Aluminum rims would of been a nice touch- worth the extra$ if you can find one with it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, keyless entry are the ritz. Very pleased with the quiet ride and power of car.

Suggested Improvements

Rear disc brakes, better quality of interior lighting. Standard alloy rims. Accuracy in mileage- sticker said 34 hyw- that's pushing it.

Love My Sentra
By Denise

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove Nissan Sentra and just fell in love with it. It handled the curves well and had great pick up and go. I really liked how comfortable the seats were and how smooth the ride was. Having an auxiliary input jack for my MP3, Trip computer with outside temp, distance to empty, and steering wheel mounted audio controls was just extra icing on the cake.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Acceleration and smoothness. Steering wheel controls. Fun to drive and stylish. And I love the color I picked (Brick Red)

Suggested Improvements

The odd shaped side mirrors. They are hard to get used too.