Used 2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Not as expected
By leonardosd

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/09 (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car new in march 2009, in Mexico. Not as easy buying a new car here. Inmediately had problems with the breaks, always made a lot of noise. Dealer couldn't fix it, arguing they were eco-friendly. Besides that, tyres got worn on outside edge in 1 year. Again, dealer said it was normal. Had transmission problems just after the third year, when the warranty passed. Luckily, I had the extendend warranty, and they covered everything. After that, the engine started making weird noises, and dealer said I needed a new one. Apparentely, a cilinder got deformed. (Seriously). When this happened, I was through with it. Previously had a 99' Altima, never complained with it.

Favorite Features

Interior layout. Size.

Suggested Improvements

Engine, transmission and breaks redesigned.

Excellent Sentra
By Joe R

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had a lot of cars over the years but this has to be one of the best. For a small car, it rides great!

Favorite Features

I bought it loaded and its a a very good looking car in and out. Great transmission for a lower price car

Suggested Improvements

the top of the back bumper needs to be coated so it can not scratch when loading and unloading the trunk. This is not limited to this car but most cars should have this.

Could Have Done Better for the Money
By VegasJ

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is still new so it is still nice. BUT I have to say I am disappointed. Especially since I was so happy with my previous Nissan Altima. The Sentra is a budget car in driving experience but no so much in dollars. I could have found a less expensive way to be bored. The quality is ok but nothing special. Not so comfortable for rear seat passengers over the age of 10.

Favorite Features

The trip computer in the center console makes it at least look like you got something for your money.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the price down to match the value of the car.

Not happy
By Stacey

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan FE+ 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am not at all happy with this car. I have had it for 11 months and already the front brake pads had to be replaced and the rotors machined. Today the a/c went out. I'm only averaging 20 mpg. The ironic thing is the FE stands for Fuel Economy. I won't be buying another.

Impressive
By Thomas

2009 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We finally purchased a new car. Test drove Nissan Sentra sl and Toyota Corrola S. We then checked out the Nissan Sentra SER sedan. Performance and sporty look an feel sold us. Step out and pass you have the power to go. Recent trip gave all around 34MPG and driving conservatively 100k produced 42MPG highway. Lots of room sport pkg upgrades exterior and adds fog lights. moonroof and sporty bucket seats plus great stereo. Highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Performance/ Room / Value

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seat. Keyless entry and optional Leather heated bucket seats